• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

visiting/ passing thru in a few weeks

carpman15

i am from wisconsin i do have a ccw license and i will be traveling through wondering what your laws are etc any help is greatly appreciated

HighFlyingA380

As it's been stated before, welcome to the jungle. Missouri is a OC mess because every county, city, and municipality can make their own laws regarding OC. Since MO honors your WI CCW, the state law has the authority. Read the law to see where you can carry concealed. As for OC, where are you going to be? If it's St. Louis city/county, just make it easy on yourself and conceal. Just about any other part of the state is OC legal, but you still need to read the laws regarding those particular county, city, and municipalities. Let us know where you'll be, and we might be able to shorten your research a bit.

Also, MO has what's called the peaceable journey exemption, meaning that anybody over 21 can carry a firearm, open or concealed, anywhere in the vehicle or on their person, even without a CCW. So as long as your in your car, you have nothing to worry about. But, once you step out, know the laws on OC (or just cover it up).

carpman15

so as long as im concealed anything goes ? i do plan to conceal its just kansas that has to be difficult and not let me conceal i have to open there because they dont take wi ccw card as far as i know still researching the subject

HighFlyingA380

so as long as im concealed anything goes ? i do plan to conceal its just kansas that has to be difficult and not let me conceal i have to open there because they dont take wi ccw card as far as i know still researching the subject
Correct. As long as the states have reciprocity (reference: http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html), then you can conceal anywhere (minus the obvious stated in the code. Missouri Preempts concealed carry, so the locals cannot regulate it. I can say, since you're passing through, any state rest-stop along the highways is OC legal, so you wouldn't have to worry about covering up a full-size pistol for a quick break. (reference: http://handgunlaw.us/states/missouri.pdf) Also take a look at the bottom of pg. 5 for the "No Firearm signs = force of law" stuff. Basically, even if you get caught carrying where the signs prohibit it, the worst they will do is ask you to leave.

kylemoul

Congrats on being the last state to allow CCW.

but im sure the corrupt state of Ill likes to control its citizens.