Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: only carrying when you "need" it

only carrying when you "need" it

i know of some people who only carry when they think they will need it now maybe im just ocd but i carry mind all the time - i cant at work for 2 reasons its posted and being a mechaninc it would get ruined - but i leave it in truck when i get to work put holster on before i leave holster up as soon as i get to my truck even if im just going straight home like i said maybe i am just a gun nut lol - but like has been said a million times - better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it

on a side note were going on a trip to oklahoma soon and the gf and mom are trying to convince me to leave it home i dont think they will have much sucess lol

just curious if other people are the way i am or what

Carry at all times you lawfully can and if you're not willing to do that you may as well not carry at all, that's my opinion.

If I knew where or when I would need a gun, I'd simply avoid that time and place; that's much easier than the hassle of daily carry.

If I had absolutely no choice except to go where I'd need a gun, I wouldn't take a handgun. I'd take a rifle, and friends with rifles.

thats my basic feelings too i didnt think i was a lone one on this thinking

" people who only carry when they think they will need it"

Good luck with that. A woman I know was telling me her husband got a license and bought a handgun but he wasn't going to carry it except when he thought he needed it.

I pointed out a few things, like that I won't go in a bank or a pharmacy or a gas station 'light'. She thought for a second and said sheesh, you would have to carry all the time then! I just nodded. She had a discussion with her husband about it, and he was surprised at her new outlook.

i agree with you there i basicly carry any time i can too i really dont like having to disarm to go into places - i have have stood outside the pharmacy while gf went in to get her perscriptions lol actually i cant think of any time where i havnt carried that i can
    Last edited by carpman15; 04-15-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: adding

Quote Originally Posted by carpman15 View Post
    i know of some people who only carry when they think they will need it ...
    I guess these people would have no problem with a law saying you can't carry unless you have a compelling reason?

If you think you will need it, you're better off staying home!

Or, if you think you will need it, what you hell are doing only bringing a sidearm?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

dumb question

I was just thinkin about thise post.I have a dumb question would it be proper to open carry at church?

yea i wouldnt mind carrying a mp5 or something like that it just seems like it would be hard to conceal lol

ponders thought of the ar style pistols hmmmmm maybe i need one of them ??

so why are you wearing a coat when its 95 degreees out ?
    well im cold
    your cold and its 95 degrees ??

lol
    Last edited by carpman15; 04-15-2012 at 11:17 PM.

We went on an Alaskan cruise a couple of years ago. I was wearing a NRA sweatshirt and guy stuck up a conversation because of it. During the conversation the subject of CCW came up. Him and His wife were picking up there licensees from the local Sheriff when they got back home. They lived In Oklahoma and He said they had a large number of illegal aliens coming through his farm causing all sorts of problems.

nice i have a shirt that says - this state allows conc carry think before you act - i cant wait til i am wearing it and someone ask if i have a gun on me lol

Quote Originally Posted by robert1970
    would it be proper to open carry at church?
    Depends on the policies & attitudes at your church.
    If they're panties-in-a-bunch types, no.
    If they're sensible, & understand that mass murders have happened in churches across the USA, & there's no way to know where & when criminals will strike next, yes.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 04-16-2012 at 02:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robert1970 View Post
    I was just thinkin about thise post.I have a dumb question would it be proper to open carry at church?
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...sive-list.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I have opened carried at my church 98 percent of the people never even noticed that I had a pistol on.

I'm not a physic, and I even stayed at a Holiday Inn once. So unless you have some ability to see into the future its hard to guess when you may need to protect yourself. Even at home you need to be cautious, with home invasions happening at an increasing rate. I cant carry at work, but I recently heard of a "man hunt" in this area of a potentially dangerous criminal. If he walked in to my shop I would be defensively challanged!
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Depends on the policies & attitudes at your church.
    If they're panties-in-a-bunch types, no.
    If they're sensible, & understand that mass murders have happened in churches across the USA, & there's no way to know where & when criminals will strike next, yes.
    Hmmm, I wonder is she knows what she's talking about?????
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder is she knows what she's talking about?????
    I think that she had done there and been that
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Not a dumb question. I concealed and carried while leading singing at my church.

My wife was in the back row concealing as well. I have OC'ed as long as i don't have a job on stage.

My church recommends cc.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

The church I attend in AZ the pastor and decons carry along with several members that I know off. I haven't seen any open carry there. Most likely nothing would be said.

I know sevearal people over the years that have told me I'll carry when I know I'll use it. I would just shake my head and ask them when well that be.

One can can not tell what and when something well happen. I would tell them You well feel very bad if some one you loves dies because you were to lazy to carry. Or you might not feel any thing because you could be dead.

I carry as much as possible just in case.

My sidearm is like my American Express - I never leave home without both.

These are the thoughts of the Yellow Cat - your mileage may vary.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

I agree. If you carry, carry at all times LAWFULLY. I am constantly asked at my job Why do you need a gun? I say for self protection and to make a statement on my in alienable rights LIFE, LIBERTY and the persuit of happiness. They still don't get it. So what Minneapolis is full of gun controling libbers anyway. My Wifey asked me if I am going to carry at all times. I said yes and she said loaded. I said yes. Our second ammendment needs to be upheld at ALL COSTS and if Walker looses I am expecting the Madison libbers are going to go frenzy and are going to try kill CC. I plan to OC and am going to gind out the GFZs like 1000ft from school properties etc... I am seeing Capt'n Nemo soon to get my bearings. Now I am told that I need to talk to the town chief and the county sheriff and feel them out. But why feel them out? If I OC Lawfully they need to uphold the law. Anyway I am getting way off the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    I agree. If you carry, carry at all times LAWFULLY. I am constantly asked at my job Why do you need a gun? I say for self protection and to make a statement on my in alienable rights LIFE, LIBERTY and the persuit of happiness. They still don't get it. So what Minneapolis is full of gun controling libbers anyway. My Wifey asked me if I am going to carry at all times. I said yes and she said loaded. I said yes. Our second ammendment needs to be upheld at ALL COSTS and if Walker looses I am expecting the Madison libbers are going to go frenzy and are going to try kill CC. I plan to OC and am going to gind out the GFZs like 1000ft from school properties etc... I am seeing Capt'n Nemo soon to get my bearings. Now I am told that I need to talk to the town chief and the county sheriff and feel them out. But why feel them out? If I OC Lawfully they need to uphold the law. Anyway I am getting way off the topic.
    You're not really getting off topic - if you can't carry when you need it, when can you carry?

Only carrying a gun when you think you need it, is like only wearing a seatbelt when you think you're going to be in a wreck, or only checking your smoke detector when you think you're going to have a fire.

I never leave home without it. Now my mom on the other hand thinks I don't need to carry it all the time.... Hell I even carry it while I'm in my Apartment!

Quote Originally Posted by bspiller View Post
    I never leave home without it. Now my mom on the other hand thinks I don't need to carry it all the time.... Hell I even carry it while I'm in my Apartment!
    Yep, it's called OCing 24/7. Why should a person's home be a victim rich environment?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast