• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

only carrying when you "need" it

carpman15

i know of some people who only carry when they think they will need it now maybe im just ocd but i carry mind all the time - i cant at work for 2 reasons its posted and being a mechaninc it would get ruined - but i leave it in truck when i get to work put holster on before i leave holster up as soon as i get to my truck even if im just going straight home like i said maybe i am just a gun nut lol - but like has been said a million times - better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it

on a side note were going on a trip to oklahoma soon and the gf and mom are trying to convince me to leave it home i dont think they will have much sucess lol

just curious if other people are the way i am or what

msteinhilber

Carry at all times you lawfully can and if you're not willing to do that you may as well not carry at all, that's my opinion.

KBCraig

If I knew where or when I would need a gun, I'd simply avoid that time and place; that's much easier than the hassle of daily carry.

If I had absolutely no choice except to go where I'd need a gun, I wouldn't take a handgun. I'd take a rifle, and friends with rifles.

Yetiman

" people who only carry when they think they will need it"

Good luck with that. A woman I know was telling me her husband got a license and bought a handgun but he wasn't going to carry it except when he thought he needed it.

I pointed out a few things, like that I won't go in a bank or a pharmacy or a gas station 'light'. She thought for a second and said sheesh, you would have to carry all the time then! I just nodded. She had a discussion with her husband about it, and he was surprised at her new outlook.

carpman15

i agree with you there i basicly carry any time i can too i really dont like having to disarm to go into places - i have have stood outside the pharmacy while gf went in to get her perscriptions lol actually i cant think of any time where i havnt carried that i can

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
i know of some people who only carry when they think they will need it ...

I guess these people would have no problem with a law saying you can't carry unless you have a compelling reason?

If you think you will need it, you're better off staying home!

Or, if you think you will need it, what you hell are doing only bringing a sidearm?

robert1970

dumb question

I was just thinkin about thise post.I have a dumb question would it be proper to open carry at church?

carpman15

yea i wouldnt mind carrying a mp5 or something like that it just seems like it would be hard to conceal lol

ponders thought of the ar style pistols hmmmmm maybe i need one of them ??

so why are you wearing a coat when its 95 degreees out ?
well im cold
your cold and its 95 degrees ??

lol

Last edited:

Grizz272

We went on an Alaskan cruise a couple of years ago. I was wearing a NRA sweatshirt and guy stuck up a conversation because of it. During the conversation the subject of CCW came up. Him and His wife were picking up there licensees from the local Sheriff when they got back home. They lived In Oklahoma and He said they had a large number of illegal aliens coming through his farm causing all sorts of problems.

carpman15

nice i have a shirt that says - this state allows conc carry think before you act - i cant wait til i am wearing it and someone ask if i have a gun on me lol

MKEgal

robert1970 said:
would it be proper to open carry at church?
Depends on the policies & attitudes at your church.
If they're panties-in-a-bunch types, no.
If they're sensible, & understand that mass murders have happened in churches across the USA, & there's no way to know where & when criminals will strike next, yes.

Last edited:

bigdaddy1

I'm not a physic, and I even stayed at a Holiday Inn once. So unless you have some ability to see into the future its hard to guess when you may need to protect yourself. Even at home you need to be cautious, with home invasions happening at an increasing rate. I cant carry at work, but I recently heard of a "man hunt" in this area of a potentially dangerous criminal. If he walked in to my shop I would be defensively challanged!

bigdaddy1

Depends on the policies & attitudes at your church.
If they're panties-in-a-bunch types, no.
If they're sensible, & understand that mass murders have happened in churches across the USA, & there's no way to know where & when criminals will strike next, yes.

Hmmm, I wonder is she knows what she's talking about?????:D

paul@paul-fisher.com

I was just thinkin about thise post.I have a dumb question would it be proper to open carry at church?

Not a dumb question. I concealed and carried while leading singing at my church.

My wife was in the back row concealing as well. I have OC'ed as long as i don't have a job on stage.

My church recommends cc.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Firearms Iinstuctor

The church I attend in AZ the pastor and decons carry along with several members that I know off. I haven't seen any open carry there. Most likely nothing would be said.

I know sevearal people over the years that have told me I'll carry when I know I'll use it. I would just shake my head and ask them when well that be.

One can can not tell what and when something well happen. I would tell them You well feel very bad if some one you loves dies because you were to lazy to carry. Or you might not feel any thing because you could be dead.

I carry as much as possible just in case.