Thread: Midwest Horse Fair

Midwest Horse Fair

This is posted on the web site under "Firearms":

Can I carry a concealed weapon on the Alliant Energy Center Grounds?
    Per the rules of the Alliant Energy Center NO FIREARMS OR WEAPONS ARE PERMITTED ON THE PROPERTY. Violators are subject to forfeiture or arrest.

Am I correct in saying that leaving the firearm in the parked vehicle is legal, even if it is "on the grounds"?

if you have a ccw card you can keep it in your vehicle - thats like my work says i cant have any weapons on company property but state law over rides that since i have ccw as long as its in your vehicle they cant do anything - thats my understanding anyways

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by carpman15 View Post
    if you have a ccw card you can keep it in your vehicle - thats like my work says i cant have any weapons on company property but state law over rides that since i have ccw as long as its in your vehicle they cant do anything - thats my understanding anyways
    Law enFORCEment may not be able to do anything within the law, your employer can take an adverse job action, leaving it up to you, perhaps unemployed, to defend your rights. You may beat the rap but you will not beat the ride.

If you not employed under contract and "at will" then they don't need a reason to fire you. They would be quite ignorant to give a reason involving laws that could fly back in their face.

I understand the employment issues, but the question relates to people who are going to the horse fair (not employees) for the day. I just want to make sure that leaving the firearm in the locked car is not illegal.

Horsemen, if you have your WI CCW license, then yes you can have it in your vehicle on their grounds.

I believe I have seen folks post on this forum before regarding how courts have ruled and law indicates that your vehicle is an extension of your private property, that being the case no one could ever legally do anything about the fact you have left your gun in the vehicle.