Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holly Adams - Mother of Virginia Tech student, releases statement

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Holly Adams - Mother of Virginia Tech student, releases statement

On this anniversary of Virginia Tech, I want to say I support guns on campus. Guns Save Lives. When you see the ANTI's like Colin Goddard and Lori Hass say that nobody wants guns on campus, that is not true. Read the statement below from the mother of one of the students..

Ed Levine

- - - -
    On April 16, 2007, my child, Leslie Sherman, was killed by Seung-Hui Cho during the Virginia Tech massacre. Today is the fifth anniversary of her death. Always in my memories, every day I wish that this tragedy was a nightmare and I could wake up to hold my daughter even if it is just one more time. That opportunity might have been possible if someone been able to defend and protect my daughter in her classroom before Cho took 30 precious lives.

There is an unfortunate drive for more gun control and the continuation of preventing guns on campus by parents whose children lived or survived during that fatal day. Several family members of those victims have actively voiced their support for increased gun control measures. As result, it has been assumed that they speak for all families of the Virginia Tech victims. I am writing this to make it clear that this is not the case. They do not represent me and my views.

Speaking for myself, I would give anything if someone on campus; a professor, one of the trained military or guardsman taking classes or another student could have saved my daughter by shooting Cho before he killed our loved ones. Because professors, staff and students are precluded from protecting themselves on campus, Cho, a student at Virginia Tech himself, was able to simply walk on campus and go on a killing rampage with no worry that anyone would stop him.

I ask a simple question: Would the other parents of victims be forever thankful if a professor or student was allowed to carry a firearm and could have stopped Seung-Hui Cho before their loved one was injured or killed? I would be. I also suspect that the tragedy may not have occurred at all if Cho knew that either faculty members or students were permitted to carry their own weapons on campus. Cho took his own life before campus police were able to reach him and put a stop to his killing spree.

A sad testament to this anniversary date is the number of similar killings in schools and public places that have taken place afterwards as if nothing has changed to help prevent such needless and heartbreaking events. That is why I fully support the VCDL (Virginia Citizens Defense League) in their outstanding efforts to help prevent this type of tragedy and loss from occurring in the future.

Holly Adams
    - - - -

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    This should be seen on every computer in this country. I hope each member here takes it on him/her self to pass it along.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    This should be seen on every computer in this country. I hope each member here takes it on him/her self to pass it along.
    peter, before we do thatand i'm sure ed already has but has anyone vetted that this is indeed a true letter and this person is indeed who they say they are. i am not above believing the wrong people would put out an untrue statement trying to catch someone like philip in a lie. if this indeed factual i agree lets shout it from on high.

Aside from the Bloomburgs and the Schumers and the Goddards, who all use these kinds of criminal events to propagandize their view of people control, at least the general population tends to give the families of victims the benefit of the doubt when it comes to genuine motive.

What we must always strive to put out there into the arena of ideas is the fact that what these folks claim to want is for there to never be another shooting on a campus. And what we need to always say next is that we agree, nobody wants there to be another shooting on a campus... but Gun Bans do absolutely NOTHING to accomplish that goal.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    On this anniversary of Virginia Tech, I want to say I support guns on campus. Guns Save Lives. When you see the ANTI's like Colin Goddard and Lori Hass say that nobody wants guns on campus, that is not true. Read the statement below from the mother of one of the students..

Ed Levine

Ed, could you cite where this came from? I have no doubts about the authenticity, but some of those I want to forward it to are going to claim it was dreamed up unless they can see where it comes from.

Thanks.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I wish that I could personally thank her for her willingness to make her views known to the public. I can't imagine how difficult it is for her and her family to have to relive what happened that day. Unlike the the antis, it seems that it has taken quite a bit more time to heal before she could even think about addressing her loss in terms of political action, but it shows great strength on her part to take a stand, even now.

I'll try to spread this around anywhere that I can.

Quote Originally Posted by 67GT390FB View Post
    peter, before we do thatand i'm sure ed already has but has anyone vetted that this is indeed a true letter and this person is indeed who they say they are. i am not above believing the wrong people would put out an untrue statement trying to catch someone like philip in a lie. if this indeed factual i agree lets shout it from on high.
    Very Good Point!
    I'm jumping into the "It must be true if it's on the internet" trap.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Ed, could you cite where this came from? I have no doubts about the authenticity, but some of those I want to forward it to are going to claim it was dreamed up unless they can see where it comes from.

Thanks.

stay safe.
    I had dinner with Holly and my friend Brian Reynolds one night after a meeting. Holly responded to one of the Lori Haas emails that started this off. We talked on the phone, discussed her statement and she did not put it out the other day as it was her daughters birthday. We spoke again on the phone and via e-mail and she said she would send something out today.. I had it first thing this AM in my inbox. There was also talk about Philip sending it out in an ALERT all by itself.. so I would expect that as well.

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

I had dinner with Holly and my friend Brian Reynolds one night after a meeting. Holly responded to one of the Lori Haas emails that started this off. We talked on the phone, discussed her statement and she did not put it out the other day as it was her daughters birthday. We spoke again on the phone and via e-mail and she said she would send something out today.. I had it first thing this AM in my inbox. There was also talk about Philip sending it out in an ALERT all by itself.. so I would expect that as well.

Ed
    OCDO has issued press releases from time to time, AND suggest sending it to Mike/John/Codrea/Workman for inclusion in one of their Examiner articles.

... Even the N** might put it out in one of their alerts.....

TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 04-16-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks Ed, as always; fantastic job. I will be sure to take time today to learn about the earthly person her daughter was when I reflect about the massacre today.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Thank you for this. I hope no one minds, but I posted this and an explaination on my Facebook wall. So that at least my 100+ friends would know the truth, that not all families are against carrying for personal protection. If someone objects I will remove it from my wall. But after reading I think this was the intent of the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowesmobile View Post
    If someone objects
    Of course someone will object. Even before the shooting the liberals have been creating gun free zones wherever they had. I would suggest you stand strong and LEAVE it on YOUR wall so that others can start to learn how YOU (we?) feel.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Ed Levine

- - - -
    On April 16, 2007, my child, Leslie Sherman, was killed by Seung-Hui Cho during the Virginia Tech massacre. Today is the fifth anniversary of her death. Always in my memories, every day I wish that this tragedy was a nightmare and I could wake up to hold my daughter even if it is just one more time. That opportunity might have been possible if someone been able to defend and protect my daughter in her classroom before Cho took 30 precious lives.

There is an unfortunate drive for more gun control and the continuation of preventing guns on campus by parents whose children lived or survived during that fatal day. Several family members of those victims have actively voiced their support for increased gun control measures. As result, it has been assumed that they speak for all families of the Virginia Tech victims. I am writing this to make it clear that this is not the case. They do not represent me and my views.

Speaking for myself, I would give anything if someone on campus; a professor, one of the trained military or guardsman taking classes or another student could have saved my daughter by shooting Cho before he killed our loved ones. Because professors, staff and students are precluded from protecting themselves on campus, Cho, a student at Virginia Tech himself, was able to simply walk on campus and go on a killing rampage with no worry that anyone would stop him.

I ask a simple question: Would the other parents of victims be forever thankful if a professor or student was allowed to carry a firearm and could have stopped Seung-Hui Cho before their loved one was injured or killed? I would be. I also suspect that the tragedy may not have occurred at all if Cho knew that either faculty members or students were permitted to carry their own weapons on campus. Cho took his own life before campus police were able to reach him and put a stop to his killing spree.

Amen and thank you!!!

i am still appalled that Steger is still on (his failed) watch!!

Thank you, Ed, and my sincerest condolences and heartfelt sympathy for Mrs. Adams and her family. I too wish she could once again hug her daughter. Just as I wish I could again hug my friends, the Harvey family.

What so many anti's misunderstand is that we value our guns not because we value destruction, but because we value LIFE.

Founder's Club Member
    While attending the VT protest back in November a lady walked by after the speakers had concluded and I offered her a sticker. She told me that she agreed with sticker but didn't feel comfortable wearing it in her new role with the university. Her friend's husband, a professor I believe, had been killed in Cho's massacre when he left his office to confront the killer. If permitted he would have likely had a firearm with him, but was prohibited by university policy. Sadly the university still pushes these failed polices that force people to choose between employment to provide for their families and education to be better suited to work later versus taking precautions to ensure their lives are protected. There need not be an either / or requirement here except the university chooses to force this choice upon everyone associated with the school. Employment or self defense? What a sick situation to pose.

Of course someone will object. Even before the shooting the liberals have been creating gun free zones wherever they had. I would suggest you stand strong and LEAVE it on YOUR wall so that others can start to learn how YOU (we?) feel.
    I should have added "from this board". Not that I think anyone would.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowesmobile View Post
    I should have added "from this board". Not that I think anyone would.
    Not even the NOVAites could object to that....Well, maybe that sheniquita person.

Thumbs up

I'm going to wait before sharing this...I hate getting "snoped."

Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Ed
    thanks ed, i figured as much but just wanted to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    I'm going to wait before sharing this...I hate getting "snoped."
    Ed personally vouched for it. That should be good enough!

Ed

Already sent it to some non-OCDO friends, some of whom are Tech graduates.

Proud to be in that photo. Proud that I went to VT and protested for students rights.

Sad that I think I'd be asked to leave campus for OCing with these new 'regulations'

Sad to realize that VT is only setting itself up for another disaster by preventing law abiding students and staff from carrying.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

I had dinner with Holly and my friend Brian Reynolds one night after a meeting. Holly responded to one of the Lori Haas emails that started this off. We talked on the phone, discussed her statement and she did not put it out the other day as it was her daughters birthday. We spoke again on the phone and via e-mail and she said she would send something out today. I had it first thing this AM in my inbox. There was also talk about Philip sending it out in an ALERT all by itself.. so I would expect that as well.

Ed
    It certainly was an honor to meet and have dinner with Holly Adams after she attended the VCDL meeting. While a strong woman, you could see the torment she lives with daily. Outside of the sympathy we have for her and the other victim's family members, it was interesting to hear firsthand the bitterness created by Lori Haas and Colin Goddard as they became the self-proclaimed spokes people to suppress the very situation which may have saved some or many of the victims.

The largest problem is their broad continued effort—Haas and Goddard attempt to speak for all of the victims, when, as Holly respectfully points out without naming them, their level of victimization will never touch the level shared by families who actually lost someone that fateful day. And, Haas/Goddard go further, exploiting the memory of those lost to support their cause. Holly confided to Ed, I and Michael that many of the victim’s families pulled away from the collective victim support group(s) as Haas' and Goddard' s narrow-minded drive took over. Another advantage Haas and Goddard have is the emotional wherewithal to push forward with an agenda, going home each night to their loved ones—those with a true loss would have to be twice as strong and twice as driven, which is likely why we rarely hear from someone in Holly’s position.

However, Holly does want her statement and story shared, so this is a great step toward awareness and perhaps our collective support for Holly and others in her position will pave the path for good things to come from this tragedy.
    Last edited by Brian Reynolds; 04-16-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTReynolds1 View Post
    It certainly was an honor to meet and have dinner with Holly Adams after she attended the VCDL meeting. While a strong woman, you could see the torment she lives with daily. Outside of the sympathy we have for her and the other victim's family members, it was interesting to hear firsthand the bitterness created by Lori Haas and Colin Goddard as they became the self-proclaimed spokes people to suppress the very situation which may have saved some or many of the victims.

The largest problem is their broad continued effort—Haas and Goddard attempt to speak for all of the victims, when, as Holly respectfully points out without naming them, their level of victimization will never touch the level shared by families who actually lost someone that fateful day. And, Haas/Goddard go further, exploiting the memory of those lost to support their cause. Holly confided to Ed, I and Michael that many of the victim’s families pulled away from the collective victim support group(s) as Haas' and Goddard' s narrow-minded drive took over. Another advantage Haas and Goddard have is the emotional wherewithal to push forward with an agenda, going home each night to their loved ones—those with a true loss would have to be twice as strong and twice as driven, which is likely why we rarely hear from someone in Holly’s position.

However, Holly does want her statement and story shared, so this is a great step toward awareness and perhaps our collective support for Holly and others in her position will pave the path for good things to come from this tragedy.
    If you don't mind BT, I'd like to spread your statement around also. That's the most descriptive and eloquent position about the three stooges, I've read.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast