• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone looked into the Sig Sauer P250 2SUM?

CathyInBlue

The P250 is a polymer full frame 9 mm pistol in full service capacity and tactical length. The 2SUM, however, is a kit of an original P250 as well as a compatible subcompact gun featuring: frame, mag, slide, barrel, guide rod, and recoil spring. Basicly, the second gun is complete except for the fire-control and trigger group which, if you so desire, are to be transferred from the full-sized gun to the subcompact version.

My question is what is to stop someone from getting a 2SUM and then piecing together all of the other parts of the fire-control and trigger groupings to give two complete pistols in one sale. I would assume that as the two frames are sold as one gun, they share the same serial number, otherwise, just buying a single 2SUM would mean getting reported to The Man as buying more than one handgun a week.

carsontech

Activist Member
From what I remember when i had a P250, the only thing that has a serial number was fire control unit that you can swap put from grip-frame to grip-frame. To get the another fire control unit you would have to go through a dealer and fill out 4473 or find a another fire control unit through a private seller.

Last edited:

CathyInBlue

Yeah, I just read about the SN being on the fire-control group in a similar thread on another forum. It actually makes more sense for what the P250 is, but how does the cop gratuitously run the gun's serial number? Would they even know where to look?