• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tourist beaten, stripped, and robbed in Baltimore, MD

papa bear

For those talking about Black and crime, I think some of you are missing the bigger picture.

(Excluding hate crimes) Blacks don't commit more crime than Whites because they're "evil" Blacks, it's because statistically they're poorer than the average White. The whole point is the primary function IS NOT race, it's wealth. Go into some of the states with high amounts of white meth addicts and you'll get the same problem that inner cities have: The poor are committing the crime (actual violent crime, not drug crimes...white people and black people use drugs at about the same rate).

I know it's a bit off topic, but I think both Blacks and Whites need to see the difference between Racists and those who function under code Yellow: I don't discriminate by race, I subconsciously discriminate by what appears to be your wealth status. I see a well dressed and groomed black man as much less of a threat than your average "ragged white beater wearing trailer trash uneducated hick" because he or she is much more likely to be poor. Does that mean I call you names or strip you of your liberties? No... I just give you an extra eye.

Jake8x7

and whose fault is their "wealth" factor. the amount of wealth that a person has, does not correlate to the moral fiber of the comunity

Yaki

Bahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Every time I calm down and say, "hey Stanley, you are overreacting," someone comes along and proves I'm not...

Is this the point where I am supposed to get violent and cause the racism? If not then let me know. Don't wanna step out of turn...

Seriously though...

1) A victim of racism (regardless of the race of the victim) is never responsible for the racism. Racism exists in the mind of the racist regardless of the victim's actions. At best, the victim's actions merely justify the racist's beliefs.

2) History proves that blacks are generally violent? Nonsense. History proves that HUMANS are generally violent.

3) Why is Al Sharpton linked to ALL black people? I can't stand him. Did I sign some paper somewhere that stated I agreed that Sharpton speaks for me or something??? Contrary to popular belief, not all black people know each other, have the same views or act the same way.

4) Your biases are showing... Tuck them in.

Thank you Stanley.. I get sick of people acting like Jesse or Al represent me.. They do not. I get tired of hearing idiots people lump all black people in the same group. I look at the actions of a few as sickening.
I also don't call every white person a kkk member. I great friends of all races and we get along great. It does seem common on Ca CCW, calguns, and here for people to make dumb ass statements.
It would be interesting to see how mch better we could make things for gun owners ccw or open carry if those of both races would pull their heads out of their asses and work together instead of dividing. Fortunately I decided long ago to ignore the ignorant comments of all races on these boards.
I weed thru the stupidty and find the things tht can help me when i talk to city government and citizens about the pros of owning firearms.
Thank you for listening and now you can go back to your bs :banghead:

Sig229

As a former Baltimore City cop I can attest that there are some areas of the city where white people can't go alone w/o fear of being attacked day or night.

Pennsylvania Ave. and MLK Blvd. come to mind. I got stuck down there once at night and it looked like a zombie movie.
Hell, even the Inner Harbor now at night is no place to be. And for decades the Inner Harbor, even at night was considered a safe place.
I even had a black friend who got robbed down there.

For this reason... many Marylanders (especially women) carry handguns w/o permit and risk being victimized by their own state/local government because they cannot get a permit, much less carry Constitutionally.

Im not a woman, but I carried illegally for years down there. I didnt like breaking the law, but it was necessary. I was not going to let some animal take my life or cause me bodily harm for a few dolalrs in my pocket.

Last edited:

rscottie

Gonna play the race card... bunch of blacks laugh with glee as they do this to a white person, but ZERO mention of race in regards to the crime... bunch of whites doing this to a black, no matter what their language was, would undoubtedly result in HATE CRIME charges.

And if an Hispanic man defends himself against a black man, the media calls him white and makes it about race.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Much more complicated than "poverty creates crime"

For those talking about Black and crime, I think some of you are missing the bigger picture.

(Excluding hate crimes) Blacks don't commit more crime than Whites because they're "evil" Blacks, it's because statistically they're poorer than the average White. The whole point is the primary function IS NOT race, it's wealth. Go into some of the states with high amounts of white meth addicts and you'll get the same problem that inner cities have: The poor are committing the crime (actual violent crime, not drug crimes...white people and black people use drugs at about the same rate).

I know it's a bit off topic, but I think both Blacks and Whites need to see the difference between Racists and those who function under code Yellow: I don't discriminate by race, I subconsciously discriminate by what appears to be your wealth status. I see a well dressed and groomed black man as much less of a threat than your average "ragged white beater wearing trailer trash uneducated hick" because he or she is much more likely to be poor. Does that mean I call you names or strip you of your liberties? No... I just give you an extra eye.

Jake8x7

It is not at all clear that poverty creates crime in the United States. After all, even poor people in the United States would be upper middle class in much of the rest of the world. The other side of this is that crime tends to create poverty as well, so if you have a community that tolerates crime, it is very hard to accumulate wealth.

In addition, attitudes that contribute to criminality also work against the creation of wealth. Poor impulse control and an unwillingness to plan and work for a future beyond the immediate tend to foster both crime and low net worth.

From my studies, I do not think it is race or racism that is the cause of high levels of poverty and crime in the black population. I believe it is a number of factors that have come together in a culture that does not trust civil society, and thus does not trust in the rule of law.

If you look at European cultures in the Middle ages, when the rule of law was far less dependable, the murder rates are comparable to that of the black urban ghettos of today.

What can be done, if this is the case? The experience in New York City, and that of David Kennedy point the way. An intolerance for crime must be developed. Even if the intolerance is just for violent crime, David Kennedy's work shows that intolerance for those who commit violent crimes can do a great deal to reduce homicides.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2013/01/background-checks-failed-paradigm.html

Neither of these approaches rely on an increase in wealth or a reduction in relative poverty.

It is likely that both would occur, however, as the crime rate was lowered. It seems likely that a lower crime rate would result in a greater faith in the rule of law.

Last edited:

papa bear

good post CCWINSTRUCTOR, that is a point that i have tried to make for years. poverty does not = more crime. if it did then the Amish would be the most imprisoned people (of course there are some pretty wealth Amish). it is a lack of moral ethics. there are less and less of them being taught these days

one thing i would like to add too is the government sometimes makes more crime by the laws they enact. think of it this way. if they make a law that illegals zippers how many outlaws would there be then

BTW, is your handle that you teach how to handle a Concealed Carried Weapons or how to get a government permission slip (CHP)

WalkingWolf

The problem is not race, it is special treatment based on race. Any person of any race are going to have people do bad things when they are given a special excuse. So really the problem is not black people, it is mostly white people(elitists), and some other races including blacks, that set up a set of circumstances over time that made ignorant people blame others for whatever. And white politicians put a rubber stamp on those excuses to get votes from classes of people.

Two things to happen Black people need to step up and put a stop to the game.

White people need to step up and put a stop to the game.

All the other races need to step up and put a stop to the game.

OK OK that is three.

There are legitimate cases of racism, gun control is a big one, and it seems most minorities have been tricked into supporting it. Getting rid of gun control would reduce these problems. A firearm is a great equalizer, no matter which race it is. Nobody wants to get shot, black, white, or other.

Rusty Young Man

The problem is not race, it is special treatment based on race. Any person of any race are going to have people do bad things when they are given a special excuse....There are legitimate cases of racism, gun control is a big one, and it seems most minorities have been tricked into supporting it. Getting rid of gun control would reduce these problems. A firearm is a great equalizer, no matter which race it is. Nobody wants to get shot, black, white, or other.

I'm glad you get it WalkingWolf. I have several friends that seem to believe any black, Latino, Jew, etc. is a "victim" because of their ancestry, regardless of their actual status today. A lot of my friends and aquaintances can't grasp why I don't think of myself as a victim. As a Latino, I guess I'm supposed to play the victim angle for all it is worth and demand that the government give me free health care or something because of the way Latinos have been treated in the past.

As Mr. ColionNoir so eloquently pointed out in his videos, maybe it's time for minorities to look at the history of "gun control" and see the overtly racist arguments that started it.

Gil223

At the risk of coming off "racist", and raising Stanly's ire...

What I saw on that video was one more incident of "Knockout" aka "The Kockout Game". Committing felony assault on another human being is not a "game" of any sort! Civilized people would not willfully attack another human being who had done them no harm, or had not provided them with some impetus for such an attack, as was demonstrated by the responses of those interviewed after the attack. Here's a little something from the Wall Street Journal, 2 June 2013 (fair use applies):
Associated Press SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Knockout-- the game a group of teenagers in Syracuse allegedly played that resulted in the violent, random death of a 51-year-old man-- has been a national phenomenon for at least a decade.
Reports of the game have surfaced in states, such as Massachusetts, New Jersey and Illinois. In Missouri, a special police squad and prosecutor were assigned to battle the problem. The game there has been characterized in news reports as "almost contagious," with endings that mirror the incident in Syracuse on May 23.
Syracuse Police Chief Frank Fowler said his department was currently investigating at least four other instances of people being attacked in a similar manner.The perpetrators are usually teens, the attacks are random, and the goal is to knock a victim unconscious with a single punch.If one player doesn't succeed in knocking out the victim, others join in to finish the job.In 1992, police in Cambridge, Mass., said three drunken teenagers decided to play "knockout" and randomly targeted an MIT student, according to news reports. After the student was knocked to the ground, a 16-year-old stabbed the victim to death as he tried to get up.Another article from the St. Louis paper noted that at least half a dozen people in the city had been randomly targeted and injured by players of the game. There, the mayor happened upon a victim of the "knockout game" and called for juveniles to be tried as adults.
Although it is not mentioned in this particular article, every other article and video I have seen regarding this "game" has either stated or shown that the perpetrators were black youths.

How does any of this relate to OC? Some posit that if the victim in this case had been OC'ing, it may not have turned out so badly for the victim. The victim was SUCKER PUNCHED! Not only would they have gotten everything else he owned, he also would have lost his firearm (I also got the impression that he may have been a bit tipsy). If I were to encounter a large group of people during an early morning or late night stroll (which I never take), I would move at a casual pace to the other side of the street. If the group moved with me, I would be ready to defend myself. If there were more than 17 of them, I might have to change magazines. Pax...

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Reduce your chances of being victimized

he may have been a bit tipsy).

Another reason to remember that, all other factors aside, drinking (and other things, including lack of sleep) impairs our senses, which could prove fatal.

If I were to encounter a large group of people during an early morning or late night stroll... I would move at a casual pace to the other side of the street. If the group moved with me, I would be ready to defend myself.

+1 for situational awareness and subtle defensive maneuvers.

If there were more than 17 of them, I might have to change magazines.

But I thought no one needed more than ten rounds?:uhoh:
I guess the criminals didn't get the memo to play fair.

eye95

Had he been OCing, he likely would NOT have been sucker-punched. We have more evidence that thugs avoid carriers than evidence that thugs target OCers (in fact, I know of none of the latter).

WalkingWolf

Had he been OCing, he likely would NOT have been sucker-punched. We have more evidence that thugs avoid carriers than evidence that thugs target OCers (in fact, I know of none of the latter).

And if he had been CCing the thugs would not know it, still consider him a unarmed victim, and as a bonus acquired a firearm without a UBC.