Thread: New member introduction

New member introduction

Hi everyone,
    My name is Dale and I have been looking through the site for a week or so and now finally posting. I'm from Hillsborough and a student at ACC for Criminal Justice, I'm glad to see this site is here and I didn't even know you could OC in NC, my CCW instructor didn't even tell me. I've never OC'd before and I want to start exercising my rights.
    If ya'll are having a meet up anytime soon around Durham, Hillsborough, or Mebane I'd like to join, and any other towns that yall know of becides chapel hill and cary that don't allow it I'd like to know.

Hello and welcome. I'm new myself as well, only found this site by accident about a month ago.

Never knew OC was legal until reading up and educating myself with all the resources and advice posted here. I've been OCing for only a short bit but now it feels wrong to not have my sidearm. Nice to see more people carrying.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spinks8824 View Post
    --snip-- any other towns that yall know of becides chapel hill and cary that don't allow it I'd like to know.
    Both Chapel Hill and Cary are good to OC.

They both have some peculiarities - someone local will fill you in hopefully.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by spinks8824 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Dale and I have been looking through the site for a week or so and now finally posting. I'm from Hillsborough and a student at ACC for Criminal Justice, I'm glad to see this site is here and I didn't even know you could OC in NC, my CCW instructor didn't even tell me. I've never OC'd before and I want to start exercising my rights.
    If ya'll are having a meet up anytime soon around Durham, Hillsborough, or Mebane I'd like to join, and any other towns that yall know of becides chapel hill and cary that don't allow it I'd like to know.
    Welcome, there is a local meetup group. http://www.meetup.com/Triangle-Open-Carry/. It may be a bit of a drive, but everyone is welcome.