• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member introduction

spinks8824

Hi everyone,
My name is Dale and I have been looking through the site for a week or so and now finally posting. I'm from Hillsborough and a student at ACC for Criminal Justice, I'm glad to see this site is here and I didn't even know you could OC in NC, my CCW instructor didn't even tell me. I've never OC'd before and I want to start exercising my rights.
If ya'll are having a meet up anytime soon around Durham, Hillsborough, or Mebane I'd like to join, and any other towns that yall know of becides chapel hill and cary that don't allow it I'd like to know.

PrestonW

Hello and welcome. I'm new myself as well, only found this site by accident about a month ago.

Never knew OC was legal until reading up and educating myself with all the resources and advice posted here. I've been OCing for only a short bit but now it feels wrong to not have my sidearm. Nice to see more people carrying.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip-- any other towns that yall know of becides chapel hill and cary that don't allow it I'd like to know.

Both Chapel Hill and Cary are good to OC.

They both have some peculiarities - someone local will fill you in hopefully.

62 Caddy

Hi everyone,
My name is Dale and I have been looking through the site for a week or so and now finally posting. I'm from Hillsborough and a student at ACC for Criminal Justice, I'm glad to see this site is here and I didn't even know you could OC in NC, my CCW instructor didn't even tell me. I've never OC'd before and I want to start exercising my rights.
If ya'll are having a meet up anytime soon around Durham, Hillsborough, or Mebane I'd like to join, and any other towns that yall know of becides chapel hill and cary that don't allow it I'd like to know.

Welcome, there is a local meetup group. http://www.meetup.com/Triangle-Open-Carry/. It may be a bit of a drive, but everyone is welcome.