Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liberals that OC

Quote Originally Posted by Animus View Post
    Personally I'm a fan of a mixed economy, particularly the Scandinavian examples. The state controlling the economy isn't a big deal when the people control the state. They lead the world in education and standard of living. Hell, if their gun laws weren't so retarded, I'd probably move there after college.

But anyway, the left is just as diverse as the right. The traditional political spectrum honestly means nothing nowadays, something like the political compass is much more accurate and meaningful. It also better shows what we have in common--the government would just love for us to stay divided. That's how things like the NDAA come about without most people even batting an eyelash.
    Then you should move there! Or perhaps Switzerland!
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    Neither side really wants us carry weapons. Regardless of what they say during elections.
    Truly enlightened comment [NOT sarcasm!]

The only REAL problem in this country is that the perpetual government machine tries inherently to grow bigger and bigger.

Some time do a search on "federal budget vs GPD"

Our FEDERAL BUDGET has slowly grown over the last 100 years until is now equals MORE THAN 40% of our entire GPD!!!

Think about that and let it sink in. The greatest victory is splitting the entire country neatly down the middle so we fight each other while the government slowly grows and grown into the monster it is becoming.

My views are currently split about 60/40 conservative. But I would gladly hold hands with any liberal on most any issue if we were both fighting the disgusting bloated federal monster.

Is it not counter productive to be of any political bias, carry, and support 2A, yet then turn around and vote for anti-gun politicians?

^^Winner winner chicken dinner^^
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

Politicians are the tyrants 3000 miles away; thug cops are 3000 tyrants 1 mile away. (Adapted from Benjamin Martin, fictional character extraordinaire)

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Is it not counter productive to be of any political bias, carry, and support 2A, yet then turn around and vote for anti-gun politicians?
    Only if you do in fact vote for anti-gun politicians.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I guess Romeny is the answer to our prayers. Take a little time to do a little research about Romney and guns. He is by NO MEANS a proponent.

The truth is both sides work toward controlling the people, for our own good. The libs are are certainly more anti gun than conservs but the conservs are more anti 4th IMHO.

Two sides of the same coin. Two wings of the same vulture called control.

I'm a bit late jumping into this discussion - I guess because the title of the topic seemed a bit ridiculous at first glance.

Today I took the time to read the posts.

Here's my take. The present Democratic Party is not "liberal" - it is "progressive".

The Progressive Movement has been a re-packaging of Marxism-Leninism for U.S. consumption.

True Democrats abandoned the Democratic Party in 1980, and voted for Reagan.

The vacuum was filled by Marxist oriented utopians, residual communists, and those prone to blame some body else for their lack of success.

I think the Libertarian movement label has replaced the true "liberal" label.

"Liberal", or "conservative" we all need to respect, and work within the parameters of our Constitutional Republic to address our problems - not resort to anarchy, or fiat government.

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    I guess Romeny is the answer to our prayers. Take a little time to do a little research about Romney and guns. He is by NO MEANS a proponent.

The truth is both sides work toward controlling the people, for our own good. The libs are are certainly more anti gun than conservs but the conservs are more anti 4th IMHO.

Two sides of the same coin. Two wings of the same vulture called control.
    Gary Johnson.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123