Thread: CT non-pistol permit fingerprinting appointments at the local PD

CT non-pistol permit fingerprinting appointments at the local PD

I didn't want to derail a pistol permit thread, so I am starting a new one to ask this question. If some towns (i.e. Bristol) are saying it will be weeks before one can even get fingerprinted, what about folks needing prints for career-related background checks? Are they just SOL or are these PDs only delaying pistol permit applicants from getting prints taken?

Banned
    go to another town for fingerprinting or do it yourself ... cops don't have to do it. I submitted my application w/o a fingerprint card. What am I ? A criminal?

I can't comment directly to the question, but......

It is all the other reasons for fingerprinting that DESPP was using as a reason for the delay in processing fingerprints.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Don't wait for local departments and their fingerprinting nonsense. Go to another department, DPS in Middletown or one of these places at the listed times:

http://www.bioidentserv.com/web/inde...646207400eb06c
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

In answer to your question, Bristol will get you right in if it's for employment or something else, it's just for pistol permit they "delay" the printing. The only town I heard that won't get you right in for prints (other than for permits) is Bridgeport. West Hartford will do them for $5 a card during business hours and they do not care what they are for, no waiting required...
    Member:, NRA Patron Life, NSSF, CCDL, CT Carry, MRPC and Bell City
    NRA Certified Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer - Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, Metallic Cartridge/Shotgun Shell Reloading - www.ctpistolpermit.com

My daughter needed fingerprints for her job (afterschool care) and when she said she had to go to the Stratford PD to get printed I said "good luck" having been a beneficiary of their 3 appointments per week schedule.

We called the desk sargeant anyway and was told "Oh come in anytime, we will find someone to print her" so that just goes to show you it's another method of denying folks their 2A rights. I had to wait a month for my appt, she went down that day and got printed.

I second the suggestion of a trip to Country Club Road in Middletown and get DPS to do it. They do seem to have their act together slightly better than the locals do.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoaster View Post
    My daughter needed fingerprints for her job (afterschool care) and when she said she had to go to the Stratford PD to get printed I said "good luck" having been a beneficiary of their 3 appointments per week schedule.

We called the desk sargeant anyway and was told "Oh come in anytime, we will find someone to print her" so that just goes to show you it's another method of denying folks their 2A rights. I had to wait a month for my appt, she went down that day and got printed.

I second the suggestion of a trip to Country Club Road in Middletown and get DPS to do it. They do seem to have their act together slightly better than the locals do.
    Lets talk about this. rich [at] ctcarry.com
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoaster View Post

Fool YOU ! lol