• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CT non-pistol permit fingerprinting appointments at the local PD

dogsandhogs

I didn't want to derail a pistol permit thread, so I am starting a new one to ask this question. If some towns (i.e. Bristol) are saying it will be weeks before one can even get fingerprinted, what about folks needing prints for career-related background checks? Are they just SOL or are these PDs only delaying pistol permit applicants from getting prints taken?

davidmcbeth

Banned
go to another town for fingerprinting or do it yourself ... cops don't have to do it. I submitted my application w/o a fingerprint card. What am I ? A criminal?

KIX

I can't comment directly to the question, but......

It is all the other reasons for fingerprinting that DESPP was using as a reason for the delay in processing fingerprints.

Jonathan

brk913

In answer to your question, Bristol will get you right in if it's for employment or something else, it's just for pistol permit they "delay" the printing. The only town I heard that won't get you right in for prints (other than for permits) is Bridgeport. West Hartford will do them for $5 a card during business hours and they do not care what they are for, no waiting required...

GoldCoaster

My daughter needed fingerprints for her job (afterschool care) and when she said she had to go to the Stratford PD to get printed I said "good luck" having been a beneficiary of their 3 appointments per week schedule.

We called the desk sargeant anyway and was told "Oh come in anytime, we will find someone to print her" so that just goes to show you it's another method of denying folks their 2A rights. I had to wait a month for my appt, she went down that day and got printed.

I second the suggestion of a trip to Country Club Road in Middletown and get DPS to do it. They do seem to have their act together slightly better than the locals do.

Rich B

My daughter needed fingerprints for her job (afterschool care) and when she said she had to go to the Stratford PD to get printed I said "good luck" having been a beneficiary of their 3 appointments per week schedule.

We called the desk sargeant anyway and was told "Oh come in anytime, we will find someone to print her" so that just goes to show you it's another method of denying folks their 2A rights. I had to wait a month for my appt, she went down that day and got printed.

I second the suggestion of a trip to Country Club Road in Middletown and get DPS to do it. They do seem to have their act together slightly better than the locals do.

Lets talk about this. rich [at] ctcarry.com

davidmcbeth

Banned

Fool YOU ! lol