• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Federation for Children and Families view on SB59

mudvr1212

A friend of mine sent me this email which they received this morning. My friend works for the State and claimed that MFCF is State ran. I'm not sure if that's true or not though.

Attachments

• Federation Policy Press4_13no.66.pdf
    437.2 KB · Views: 175

scot623

"Now is the time to contact Senators to oppose the bill as written, or at least advocate for an amendment that will allow establishments to prohibit guns on the premises through posted signage. If you have any questions or would like to provide information about your agency’s position on this bill, please email Kadi Janssen at kadi@michfed.org."

Looks like Kadi needs some emails explaining to her private property rules would still apply and a sign CAN be posted to keep guns out WITHOUT any changes to the bill as written.

Last edited:

mudvr1212

My friend and I already don't see eye to eye on firearms and they asked me my view of SB59 so I gave it. Then I was told about the email. I explained pp rights and state preemption. Still doesn't get it...:cuss: