• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to forum

M-Taliesin

Howdy Newbie!
Welcome to the Colorado board of OCDO! And even more importantly, welcome to OC'ing!

You'll find that folks who live in Colorado tend to be a very friendly and informative group. There are a couple of characters here that you may run into that just ain't particularly friendly or helpful. Don't fret about them none, just focus on folks from Colorado in particular and you'll find a great group to run with here.

Fountain, eh? You're really down there aways! I usually go to Security about once a month, but haven't been for awhile. I visit with a doctor down that-a-way and he does wonders for me.

Perhaps one of my trips down, we can meet up for Starbucks or some such.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

RFrampton

Well, judging by your handle you probably wear the same work clothes that I do. If you need an OC partner just let me know. I'm OC'ing as soon as I get out of the uniform until I go to sleep. We can grab some coffee, if you want

kingofbattle

Thanks for the Welcome guys!!! :D M-T, sounds good just let me know when you're in the neighborhood... RFrampton, we can do something in the near future. Yeah DOD needs to change the policy on Post :mad:.

Last edited:

MTBWolf

Welcome King, seems like a lot of Soldiers are open carrying these days. I also wear my uniform from sun up to sunset. But you will learn a lot from this site, I've only been a member here for a couple of days myself. Hope to met up sometime at a met and greet in the future.

Keens

Welcome to the forum! I come down to the Springs area at least once a month so we'll have to meet up sometime for coffee or lunch.

kingofbattle

Welcome King, seems like a lot of Soldiers are open carrying these days. I also wear my uniform from sun up to sunset. But you will learn a lot from this site, I've only been a member here for a couple of days myself. Hope to met up sometime at a met and greet in the future.

Thanks for the welcom MTBWolf!!! Another Brother in Arms!!! pretty soon we can have a formation somewhere lol. Hope to meet you guys soon.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Again Gentlemen!
I'd like to suggest a meet and greet for two weeks out from now.
Before getting started, maybe we ought to see when the best time would be.
I figure a Saturday to start with, but weekdays are do-able as well.

While we do a few meets with some regularity, I'm especially supportive of soldiers exercising their right to OC.
It goes beyond irony, clear on over to lunacy, to deny soldiers their right to the same defense as any other citizen may enjoy, when on base. Go far away to defend American lives, but lack the means when on bases on American soil??? Does that make sense at all?

Anyhow, don't get me started!

We thank you for your service to our nation, and I'd be happy to meet up with ya'll anytime you'd like.
Why, maybe we might kick off with a breakfast meet followed by a trip to the range or a bit of sight-seeing.
The Springs is an interesting place, and I enjoy my visits to that city.

So, what works for folks? Say about 2 weeks out, maybe a Saturday? Or maybe a Monday or Tuesday morning? or????
Ya'll tell me what works and I'll try to work something up.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

RFrampton

Well, I'll be at Firestone, on post, at 0900. I'd like to come shoot considering that I have 3 new tools to put through their paces, but I refuse to register my weapons on post.

MTBWolf

I have been just heading up into the mountains, there is a place about 8 miles back off of Old Gold Camp that you can shoot into the side of a mountain. I know that yes its right here on post, but I like to get away from the post and relax. Hit me up KingofBattle if you wanna head out sometime up there, you probably been to the place Im talking about but not sure.

kingofbattle

Well, I'll be at Firestone, on post, at 0900. I'd like to come shoot considering that I have 3 new tools to put through their paces, but I refuse to register my weapons on post.

Yeah I don’t like the idea of registering my weapons. I did it because I shoot a lot; this is my 7th weekend shooting there. No range fee, targets are free, no time limit, and we’re the only party there. I wish ammo was free lol.

I have been just heading up into the mountains, there is a place about 8 miles back off of Old Gold Camp that you can shoot into the side of a mountain. I know that yes its right here on post, but I like to get away from the post and relax. Hit me up KingofBattle if you wanna head out sometime up there, you probably been to the place Im talking about but not sure.

Never been there, I might have to check it out sometime.

RFrampton

Well you wont be alone on Sat. Their having some big safety production there. Complete with food, MPs and even balloons for the kids. You have fun with that.