View Poll Results: Is Ted Nugent the BEST Spokesman for RKBA ?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

14 34.15%
  • NO

27 65.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Ted Nugent, Best Spokesman for RKBA ?

Cool Is Ted Nugent, Best Spokesman for RKBA ?

In your honest opinion, do you believe that Ted Nugent is *THE BEST* Spokesman for RKBA

Here is a link to a recent interview, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ceVVABI_K8

If you do, or don't, Why? & Who else is there?

Peace & RKBA Forever !

I was thinking...just spit-balling here...Romney?
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

For the NRA? Sure.

For true gun rights? No.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    For the NRA? Sure.

For true gun rights? No.
    Teddy, today: "“if Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”" http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Deco...less-loudmouth

I suppose, if he chooses his words more wisely in our politically charged environment.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

I'd say it's high time the NRA had a spokesman who lays it out in black and white without all the mealymouthed pussyfoot political tripe.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs down

Nugent is a butt monkey. He's all for RTBKA if, you carry how he does, what he does, when he does...... yeah a real hero of freedom NOT! He once told a respected member of the MI forum (dougwg) basically oc is for fools at a public event here in MI, then went into the usual "tacti-cool" dribble.

Who else is there? Well I would say any citizen who without the aid of a firearm would no longer be intact or alive would be a good place to start. But we all know these people do not exist, they are the figments of us zealots propaganda machine sarcasm/
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 04-18-2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: add spokes persons idea
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

well,,,

SUSANNA HUPP!!!
    somebody please post the vid of her speach.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Thumbs up Suzanna Hupp Speech - 03/07/2012

You asked for it, you got it !

Springfield, IL - Wednesday in the capital city, gun owners rallied for their right to carry concealed weapons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcbpqluCnrY

Talking WOW !! The *NUGE* is a Loose Cannon

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Teddy, today: "“if Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”" http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Deco...less-loudmouth

I suppose, if he chooses his words more wisely in our politically charged environment.

Talk about an ATTENTION getter, "Excuse us Mr. Nugent, but THE Secret Service *REQUESTS* an appointment with you, iF you're not to Busy ?! ?!"
    Last edited by scott58dh; 04-18-2012 at 01:10 AM.

I'll hazard that Uncle Ted will be taken out by PETA before he is taken out by Uncle Sam.

By the way, the SS should focus on their current predicament instead of Uncle Ted, unless there is a actual threat to Obama, which there is not, from Uncle Ted anyway.

Bedwetters are the only ones seemingly all butthurt over Uncle Ted's verbiage.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I know more people that like Ted than don't. Had anyone else done this most if my friends would be up in arms. Probably me too.

But it's Ted Nugent. He gets a pass.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I'll hazard that Uncle Ted will be taken out by PETA before he is taken out by Uncle Sam.

By the way, the SS should focus on their current predicament instead of Uncle Ted, unless there is a actual threat to Obama, which there is not, from Uncle Ted anyway.

Classic!!!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post

He will more likely be taken out by an Act Of God (ricochet ?!) than anything else.

I think that he is THE One and Only, " Entertainer, Slow Liberal Media News Day, ***Proverbial Right Wing Extremist***, Look at Me I'm a Wild and Crazy Guy so Listen Up and Take Me Serious Now ", person that gets the results that he strives for,,, He Makes A Living Doing What Others DREAM of Doing.

Yes, he probably could choose his words a little more wiser, I for one wish that he would be more of an eloquent speaker, but in the end, who am I to tell him what to do ?

He's making an honest living working his own hours while I'm grinding away at the time clock and just gettin' by, Fat, Dumb & Happy,,, & Loving Every Moment Of It !!!
    Last edited by scott58dh; 04-18-2012 at 04:36 PM.

He is fine for a rock star, hell he can own, carry, shoor and hunt all he wants and tell whoever he wants about it. But when he gets up there and INTENTIONALLY makes remarks that tread the line like that he is not a good public speaker worthy for patriots to rally behind. He is more like the rabid pitbull sent out for entertainment than a Founding Father.

Also his backward and ignorant stance on Open Carry leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Would I go to one of his concerts? Yep

Would I shoot with him at the range? Yep

Would I have an indepth conversation about our Rights and the Constitution? I don't know if he is capable...

Would I ask him to speak at a political rally that I planned and funded? HELL NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_frost View Post
    He is fine for a rock star, hell he can own, carry, shoor and hunt all he wants and tell whoever he wants about it. But when he gets up there and INTENTIONALLY makes remarks that tread the line like that he is not a good public speaker worthy for patriots to rally behind. He is more like the rabid pitbull sent out for entertainment than a Founding Father.

Also his backward and ignorant stance on Open Carry leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Would I go to one of his concerts? Yep

Would I shoot with him at the range? Yep

Would I have an indepth conversation about our Rights and the Constitution? I don't know if he is capable...

Would I ask him to speak at a political rally that I planned and funded? HELL NO!
    +1
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Oh, Susannah!

Susannah Who? (I'm being facetious - I did listen to her story, and it is a sad tale, but true and well told.) Ms. Huff is very well-spoken, she knows how to play to the audience in front of her (as do all successful politicians), and she is not physically repulsive. That's the plus side. Getting back to my opening comment, "Susannah Who?" is a statement of the minus side. She does not have high name or facial recognition outside of Texas, nor is her story told throughout the land in song by wandering minstrels, or regaled in prose, or splashed upon the silver screen. Susannah Huff, in spite of her personal excellence, is unknown to the vast majority of people in this country. The GEICO Gecko is better known! "Bob" (the baby pimping ETrade on TV) has higher name recognition!

Whether you're selling a product or an idea, you will have greater success if you are well-known (granted, Charlie Manson, Sirhan B. Sirhan, and Rosie O'Donnell are all well-known, high recognition people - none of whom would be good spokespersons for anything. On the other side of the coin we have the Ron Popeil and the late Billy Mays, two of the GREAT TV pitchmen of all time). Name recognition alone is not enough, though... there also has to be some positivity attached to that recognition. Sometimes "Uncle Ted" gets a bit further into "left field" than he probably should, but - exercising his Constitutional right to do so - he says what's on his mind, and, when he's done we don't need a half-dozen "talking heads" to come on afterward to explain what he said. It was loud and clear. "Da Nuge", an avid hunter and gun owner, has said more in support of our RTKBA than any other individual - including Wayne la Pierre. Is Ted "the best choice for the NRA?" Probably. For RKBA? Probably. For OC in particular... based solely upon what I have seen here in a couple of the previous posts, maybe not. Personally, I haven't seen or heard Ted explain his position on OC, so I won't champion him, nor will I badmouth him. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Activist Member
    I live in Ky, very far from Texas, and I have known about her and her story for years. She is a fairly big name in the RKBA community.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    I live in Ky, very far from Texas, and I have known about her and her story for years. She is a fairly big name in the RKBA community.
    The RKBA community is still a relatively small portion of the population. It's the "big fish in the small pond" scenario at work. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by scott58dh View Post
    Talk about an ATTENTION getter, "Excuse us Mr. Nugent, but THE Secret Service *REQUESTS* an appointment with you, iF you're not to Busy ?! ?!"
    It looks like you were right on the money, scott:
    REUTERS - "Ted Nugent says Secret Service to quiz him about Obama Remarks". The article goes on to quote Nugent: "We actually have heard from the Secret Service, and they have a duty, and I salute them. I support them and I'm looking forward to our meeting tomorrow," Nugent said on Beck's show. "I'm sure it will be a fine gathering backstage in Oklahoma," Nugent said."
    There's more to the article, but at least "Uncle Ted" is smart enough not to take a confrontational stance. In fact, he appears to be doing just the opposite. Will the meeting end with Ted being led off in handcuffs? I really doubt that will happen. He left himself some wiggle room in his statement regarding "dead or in jail next year". (He may be a somewhat... okay, SEVERELY... eccentric, but he "ain't stupid".) Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Wink The Nuge, " What I REALLY Meant to Say ,,was,,,, uummmm,,,,, "

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    It looks like you were right on the money, scott:

There's more to the article, but at least "Uncle Ted" is smart enough not to take a confrontational stance. In fact, he appears to be doing just the opposite. Will the meeting end with Ted being led off in handcuffs? I really doubt that will happen. He left himself some wiggle room in his statement regarding "dead or in jail next year". (He may be a somewhat... okay, SEVERELY... eccentric, but he "ain't stupid".) Pax...
    IF Mr. Nugent is as smart as he wants us to believe, then he'll simply apologize and ***DONATE*** a large amount of Genero$ity to the DNC and hopefully apply what he has learned to future *NON-POLITICAL* comments. End of Story,,,,, we can only hope.
    Last edited by scott58dh; 04-19-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott58dh View Post
    IF Mr. Nugent is as smart as he wants us to believe, then he'll simply apologize and ***DONATE*** a large amount of Genero$ity to the DNC and hopefully apply what he has learned to future *NON-POLITICAL* comments. End of Story,,,,, we can only hope.
    Nugent will donate to the DNC right after Obama produces his genuine birth certificate. It might be the "smart" thing to do, but I think Nugent has too much integrity to do the "smart" thing in this case. He may apologize for the "confusion of intent" in his statement though. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Thumbs down

Reposted from the other thread:

I have had occasion to read Nugent's work in various hunting magazines over the years, and it leaves me unimpressed. In my opinion, he tends toward being bombastic and over-the-top, without having the intellectual horsepower to back it up. He may get the converted riled up into "Hallelujah" mode, but he certainly doesn't convince anyone.

Besides, he is now part of the Republican machine designed to convince those who should know better that Mitt Romney is a friend of the right to keep and bear arms. That alone gets him a grade of "F" from me.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Uncle Ted, bring your guns over so we can shoot, but don't speak for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Reposted from the other thread:

I have had occasion to read Nugent's work in various hunting magazines over the years, and it leaves me unimpressed. In my opinion, he tends toward being bombastic and over-the-top, without having the intellectual horsepower to back it up. He may get the converted riled up into "Hallelujah" mode, but he certainly doesn't convince anyone.

Besides, he is now part of the Republican machine designed to convince those who should know better that Mitt Romney is a friend of the right to keep and bear arms. That alone gets him a grade of "F" from me.
    I don't know Mr. Nugent any better than anybody else in this forum does (which is not at all), and I understand that what I am about to say won't make you change your mind about "Uncle Ted" one bit - it's not intended to - but I'm gong to say it anyway. The fact that he "tends toward bombastic and over-the-top", is pretty much typical for celeb's of any stripe. I'm guessing - based on my limited experience with famous folks - that, when they change residences, it takes a separate United Van Lines trailer to haul their ego to the new place. Regardless of their field of entertainment, they are what their fans make of them. Try to imagine yourself entering the stage of some gigantic venue to perform, and when your name is announced tens of thousands of people jump to their feet, cheering, applauding and chanting "MIB, MIB". I think most people would be hard-pressed not to eventually develop a persona that was bigger than life. Nonetheless, Ted does it... and he does it as would John Q. Public. No fancy clothes for his TV interviews or appearances, no "front man", no "spin doctors" (although I'm fairly certain he must have "advisers" of some kind). He comes across as one of We the People... one of We the (very outspoken) People. At least Nugent is on "our side", and not some mindless, can't-see-the-forest-for-the-trees, ignore the Constitution, gun-grabbing, socialist-"progressive" Marxist-Statist commie. We already have tens of thousands of well-known people in any/all of those categories in Washington and Hollywood. We don't need any more. But we do need a spokesperson who will catch some ears just because they are famous. You or I could make similar statements - only statements that were... let's say, less "flamboyant" - and very few would listen (I know I couldn't garner enough of an audience to fill a small coat closet). For celeb's it's all about keeping their name in the public eye, and controversy is one way to maintain that public interest. At least Ted is (arguably) supporting a legitimate cause in his own, inimitable, imperfect way. Perhaps it's the blowhard in Ted that has kept any interviewer from ever besting him.

As for his being a part of the "Republican machine" - I think he may actually be (like me), a part of the "ANYBODY BUT OBAMA" machine. Unfortunately, our choices in the upcoming presidential election are between Obama and "Obama-Lite". Romney has an appalling track record on 2A, and created a healthcare system in MA that isn't a dime's worth of difference from ObamaCare. I would vote for Satan himself before I 'd vote for Obama.. oh, wait... that's redundant, isn't it? My greatest fear is that Americans really are stupid enough to re-elect Obama, and our Republic cannot survive another four years of socialist tyranny. Pax...

P.S. Being of a more charitable bent than you, MIB, I'd give Uncle Ted a C-
    Last edited by Gil223; 04-20-2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Add P.S.
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by DCKilla View Post
    Uncle Ted, bring your guns over so we can shoot, but don't speak for me.
    If not Uncle Ted, then who? What other universally recognizable names are lining up to support 2A and our RKBA? Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast