• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is Ted Nugent, Best Spokesman for RKBA ?

Is Ted Nugent the BEST Spokesman for RKBA ?

• YES

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • NO

Votes: 26 65.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beretta92FSLady

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Nugent is a butt monkey. He's all for RTBKA if, you carry how he does, what he does, when he does...... yeah a real hero of freedom NOT! He once told a respected member of the MI forum (dougwg) basically oc is for fools at a public event here in MI, then went into the usual "tacti-cool" dribble.
:(

Who else is there? Well I would say any citizen who without the aid of a firearm would no longer be intact or alive would be a good place to start. But we all know these people do not exist, they are the figments of us zealots propaganda machine :eek: sarcasm/

Last edited:

scott58dh

WOW !! The *NUGE* is a Loose Cannon

Teddy, today: "“if Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”" http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Dec...-Nugent-Threat-to-Obama-or-harmless-loudmouth

I suppose, if he chooses his words more wisely in our politically charged environment.

Talk about an ATTENTION getter, "Excuse us Mr. Nugent, but THE Secret Service *REQUESTS* an appointment with you, iF you're not to Busy ?! :eek: ?!"

Last edited:

OC for ME

I'll hazard that Uncle Ted will be taken out by PETA before he is taken out by Uncle Sam.

By the way, the SS should focus on their current predicament instead of Uncle Ted, unless there is a actual threat to Obama, which there is not, from Uncle Ted anyway.

Bedwetters are the only ones seemingly all butthurt over Uncle Ted's verbiage.

Stanley

I know more people that like Ted than don't. Had anyone else done this most if my friends would be up in arms. Probably me too.

But it's Ted Nugent. He gets a pass.

Redbaron007

I'll hazard that Uncle Ted will be taken out by PETA before he is taken out by Uncle Sam.

By the way, the SS should focus on their current predicament instead of Uncle Ted, unless there is a actual threat to Obama, which there is not, from Uncle Ted anyway.

Classic!!! :banana: :cool:

scott58dh

He will more likely be taken out by an Act Of God (ricochet ?!) than anything else.

I think that he is THE One and Only, " Entertainer, Slow Liberal Media News Day, ***Proverbial Right Wing Extremist***, Look at Me I'm a Wild and Crazy Guy so Listen Up and Take Me Serious Now ", person that gets the results that he strives for,,, He Makes A Living Doing What Others DREAM of Doing.

Yes, he probably could choose his words a little more wiser, I for one wish that he would be more of an eloquent speaker, but in the end, who am I to tell him what to do ?

He's making an honest living working his own hours while I'm grinding away at the time clock and just gettin' by, Fat, Dumb & Happy,,,:dude: & Loving Every Moment Of It !!! :p

Last edited:

Titanium_frost

He is fine for a rock star, hell he can own, carry, shoor and hunt all he wants and tell whoever he wants about it. But when he gets up there and INTENTIONALLY makes remarks that tread the line like that he is not a good public speaker worthy for patriots to rally behind. He is more like the rabid pitbull sent out for entertainment than a Founding Father.

Also his backward and ignorant stance on Open Carry leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Would I go to one of his concerts? Yep

Would I shoot with him at the range? Yep

Would I have an indepth conversation about our Rights and the Constitution? I don't know if he is capable...

Would I ask him to speak at a political rally that I planned and funded? HELL NO!

KYKevin

He is fine for a rock star, hell he can own, carry, shoor and hunt all he wants and tell whoever he wants about it. But when he gets up there and INTENTIONALLY makes remarks that tread the line like that he is not a good public speaker worthy for patriots to rally behind. He is more like the rabid pitbull sent out for entertainment than a Founding Father.

Also his backward and ignorant stance on Open Carry leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Would I go to one of his concerts? Yep

Would I shoot with him at the range? Yep

Would I have an indepth conversation about our Rights and the Constitution? I don't know if he is capable...

Would I ask him to speak at a political rally that I planned and funded? HELL NO!

+1

Gil223

Oh, Susannah!

Susannah Who? (I'm being facetious - I did listen to her story, and it is a sad tale, but true and well told.) Ms. Huff is very well-spoken, she knows how to play to the audience in front of her (as do all successful politicians), and she is not physically repulsive. That's the plus side. Getting back to my opening comment, "Susannah Who?" is a statement of the minus side. She does not have high name or facial recognition outside of Texas, nor is her story told throughout the land in song by wandering minstrels, or regaled in prose, or splashed upon the silver screen. Susannah Huff, in spite of her personal excellence, is unknown to the vast majority of people in this country. The GEICO Gecko is better known! "Bob" (the baby pimping ETrade on TV) has higher name recognition!

Whether you're selling a product or an idea, you will have greater success if you are well-known (granted, Charlie Manson, Sirhan B. Sirhan, and Rosie O'Donnell are all well-known, high recognition people - none of whom would be good spokespersons for anything. On the other side of the coin we have the Ron Popeil and the late Billy Mays, two of the GREAT TV pitchmen of all time). Name recognition alone is not enough, though... there also has to be some positivity attached to that recognition. Sometimes "Uncle Ted" gets a bit further into "left field" than he probably should, but - exercising his Constitutional right to do so - he says what's on his mind, and, when he's done we don't need a half-dozen "talking heads" to come on afterward to explain what he said. It was loud and clear. "Da Nuge", an avid hunter and gun owner, has said more in support of our RTKBA than any other individual - including Wayne la Pierre. Is Ted "the best choice for the NRA?" Probably. For RKBA? Probably. For OC in particular... based solely upon what I have seen here in a couple of the previous posts, maybe not. Personally, I haven't seen or heard Ted explain his position on OC, so I won't champion him, nor will I badmouth him. Pax... :D

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I live in Ky, very far from Texas, and I have known about her and her story for years. She is a fairly big name in the RKBA community.

Gil223

I live in Ky, very far from Texas, and I have known about her and her story for years. She is a fairly big name in the RKBA community.

The RKBA community is still a relatively small portion of the population. It's the "big fish in the small pond" scenario at work. Pax...

Gil223

Talk about an ATTENTION getter, "Excuse us Mr. Nugent, but THE Secret Service *REQUESTS* an appointment with you, iF you're not to Busy ?! :eek: ?!"

It looks like you were right on the money, scott:
REUTERS - "Ted Nugent says Secret Service to quiz him about Obama Remarks". The article goes on to quote Nugent: "We actually have heard from the Secret Service, and they have a duty, and I salute them. I support them and I'm looking forward to our meeting tomorrow," Nugent said on Beck's show. "I'm sure it will be a fine gathering backstage in Oklahoma," Nugent said."

There's more to the article, but at least "Uncle Ted" is smart enough not to take a confrontational stance. In fact, he appears to be doing just the opposite. Will the meeting end with Ted being led off in handcuffs? I really doubt that will happen. He left himself some wiggle room in his statement regarding "dead or in jail next year". (He may be a somewhat... okay, SEVERELY... eccentric, but he "ain't stupid".) :lol: Pax...

scott58dh

The Nuge, " What I REALLY Meant to Say ,,was,,,, uummmm,,,,, "

It looks like you were right on the money, scott:

There's more to the article, but at least "Uncle Ted" is smart enough not to take a confrontational stance. In fact, he appears to be doing just the opposite. Will the meeting end with Ted being led off in handcuffs? I really doubt that will happen. He left himself some wiggle room in his statement regarding "dead or in jail next year". (He may be a somewhat... okay, SEVERELY... eccentric, but he "ain't stupid".) :lol: Pax...

IF Mr. Nugent is as smart as he wants us to believe, then he'll simply apologize and ***DONATE*** a large amount of Genero$ity to the DNC and hopefully apply what he has learned to future *NON-POLITICAL* comments. End of Story,,,,, we can only hope. :cool:

Last edited: