• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry in Marshfield , WI . . . . and L.E.O. Encounter

The_Pennsylvanian

So yesterday I picked up my brand-spanking-new Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced .:banana: Took it home , cleaned it , etc .
A family friend invited us ( Me , Wife , and Baby ) out for lunch at Scotty's Pizza for the weekday buffett . . . . which is directly across the street from the cop shop . As we entered , I may have been concealing ( as I was wearing a button down sweater that was open ) but as soon as we were seating ourselves then sweater came off and it was out there. Sometime between the third and fourth trip to the buffet line , two Marshfield patrolmen enter and start eating . As I was walking past on my way to the pizza , one of them gave me the nod and a smile , which I returned .

I went back to the table and ate more pizza ,played with the kid ( she's 9 mo. old ) and had a good time in general . On our way out the door , both of the officers gave me the nod again , which I returned . Openly carried the two blocks back to the van before determining to put the sweater back on because it was darn COLD with that wind .

Later went on to openly carry at Festival and Mao-Mart ( Wally World ) , Baltus Car Wash , and a few other stops I can't recall . So essentially , the L.E.O. encounter . . . . . . . . wasn't !

All in all , it was a good day . Now to get a membership at the range !

Last edited:

Polar Baer

So yesterday I picked up my brand-spanking-new Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced .:banana: Took it home , cleaned it , etc .
A family friend invited us ( Me , Wife , and Baby ) out for lunch at Scotty's Pizza for the weekday buffett . . . . which is directly across the street from the cop shop . As we entered , I may have been concealing ( as I was wearing a button down sweater that was open ) but as soon as we were seating ourselves then sweater came off and it was out there. Sometime between the third and fourth trip to the buffet line , two Marshfield patrolmen enter and start eating . As I was walking past on my way to the pizza , one of them gave me the nod and a smile , which I returned .

I went back to the table and ate more pizza ,played with the kid ( she's 9 mo. old ) and had a good time in general . On our way out the door , both of the officers gave me the nod again , which I returned . Openly carried the two blocks back to the van before determining to put the sweater back on because it was darn COLD with that wind .

Later went on to openly carry at Festival and Mao-Mart ( Wally World ) , Baltus Car Wash , and a few other stops I can't recall . So essentially , the L.E.O. encounter . . . . . . . . wasn't !

All in all , it was a good day . Now to get a membership at the range !

Glad to see this. I wish Milwaukee county was more carry friendly.

M

McX

OC'd across the street to convenience store for smokes, and soda. noted a cop sitting in his car just down the street from me as i crossed. then back outside to building front for maintenance while OCing. no contact, no notice taken of me. life went on.

msteinhilber

I was open carrying at a Kwik Trip in Verona a few weeks back and while I was pumping my gas I saw a few Sheriff deputy cars parked. Finished pumping my gas and walked in to pickup milk and a few other items and had my hands full. One of the deputies was in line and said go ahead and cut ahead of me. I had to turn left to check and see what pump I had and I'm a lefty and noticed him take a glance at my XD-357 on my hip and never said a word. Got a nod from another deputy as I was walking out the door, no troubles at all.

I thought I was going to have an officer stop me when I was walking down the street while my kid was riding his bike in Verona. An officer in an unmarked car drove past and took a look at me and I saw him flip a U-turn and then remain parked on the side of the street. We made it down a ways further then turned around and started to head back and the officer was still there. Kiddo said "look dad a police man!" and he gave a nod and all was well. It seems like after CCW took effect, more officers are starting to understand our rights.

protias

Good to see police respecting people's right to eat...and carry without harassing the ownership.

MKEgal

xenophon said:
Ah, you can do the same thing in Milwaukee County.
In certain cities, yes.

I'm collecting notes on what areas/cities are friendly to citizens who choose to exercise their rights.
Eventually I'll be able to move away from here. :lol:

HolyOrangeJuice

I was probably in the cop shop. Good times. MPD is an excellent group of guys and gals. Glad to work with them.