• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

gunbuster signs that are not 4-229 or 4-229 at non-liquor establishments

coorsleftfield

Do non 4-229 signs , or 4-229 signed posted at non-liquor servicing establishments carry any legal weight /authority ?

When I enter a retail store that does not serve alcohol, I've assumed their gunbuster sign is directed at open carry, and going in discrete carry is fine. Thoughts?

And yeah, we all know the no guns, no money argument, but from a legal standpoint, what does the law say?

azcdlfred

When I enter a retail store that does not serve alcohol, I've assumed their gunbuster sign is directed at open carry, and going in discrete carry is fine. Thoughts?
The statute they cite is irrelavant and I've never seen one that is correct. It's a private property tresspassing issue. And whether you open or discrete carry doesn't matter.

They are saying they do not want patrons carrying guns. If they ask you leave, you must. If you refuse to leave you can be arrested on a tresspass charge.

Fred

Last edited: