• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Someone tried to break into my home!

porterhouse83

Just noticed someone tried to pry the screen out of my bedroom window. There are deep pry marks from a knife or screw driver on one side of the screen that were not there yesterday. I put a sign up on thye window informing would be trespassers that this home is protected by firearms. If you live in the WheatRidge, Arvada area in Colorado make sure your windows and doors are locked at night. Someone or someones may try to break into your home. Stay safe everyone.

Keens

Sorry to hear that someone tried to break in. I would advise against posting signs that your house is protected by firearms. I think that's an advertisement to criminals that there's guns in the house. Same goes for vehicles. As much as I really would like NRA and other gun stickers on my car, I don't do it because it's advertising that I have guns and don't want someone following me home to see where I live and break in when I'm not home. Just my 2 cents.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
The surveillance system is a good thing to have, especially if it is a wireless system to no wires can be cut.
Even if they take out the power to my house, my unit has batter backup, and will call the monitoring station so they can focus on what's happening inside my house. They can listen in!

Meanwhile, I am thinking to upgrade my security with video cams inside and out.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

porterhouse83

I did take the sign down. We have a security system now that runs on batteries. Loud as can be. I am more worried about others around me though. I know my gf and I can take care of ourselves. I want folks who may live around me to know their are intruders in our area. Again stay safe everyone. God bless you.

since9

Campaign Veteran
The surveillance system is a good thing to have, especially if it is a wireless system to no wires can be cut.

I second this idea. I've used a Linksys Internet Video Camera for the last several years. It's motion activated and can send e-mail alerts with video clips. It also will deliver a live video stream through the Internet to a browser anywhere in the world, but that service requires a monthly fee.

When I get some bucks I'll be upgrading to their latest model, here, as it will dial and stream video to any smartphone.

Of course, then I'll need to break down and buy a smart phone...

bomber

Sorry to hear that someone tried to break in. I would advise against posting signs that your house is protected by firearms. I think that's an advertisement to criminals that there's guns in the house. Same goes for vehicles. As much as I really would like NRA and other gun stickers on my car, I don't do it because it's advertising that I have guns and don't want someone following me home to see where I live and break in when I'm not home. Just my 2 cents.

This is how I feel too.