Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who was it on here that said Obama is not anti-gun?

Who was it on here that said Obama is not anti-gun?

The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

I don't recall anyone stating that President Obama isn't anti-gun. I do recall a statement to the fact that he hasn't come for our guns.

We need to quit calling these people anti gun. We need to call them anti freedom. They cant argue much when called that which is what they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    We need to quit calling these people anti gun. We need to call them anti freedom. They cant argue much when called that which is what they really are.
    Of course, that's the next logical step, right. I wonder what we ought to call individuals who believe that there ought to be 'reasonable' restrictions.

It may have been me that was accused of stating that President Obama is not anti-firearm. What I had posted, some time ago, is that there are things that the President wants to do, and things that the President can do; and I believe, as I still do that, the President can't do what he wants to do regarding firearms.--which is tightening firearms laws.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 04-19-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Of course, that's the next logical step, right. I wonder what we ought to call individuals who believe that there ought to be 'reasonable' restrictions.
    "traitors"
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 04-19-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    "traitors"
    I encourage you to hold to that position; it suites you.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

I encourage you to hold to that position; it suites you.
    *suits

I haven't stayed at an Embassy Suites in some years...
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?

*suits

I haven't stayed at an Embassy Suites in some years...
    Thanks for the help, it seems you have nothing better to do with your time than look for slip-ups in homophones.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the help, it seems you have nothing better to do with your time than look for slip-ups in homophones.
    ho·mo·phone/ˈhäməˌfōn/

Noun:
    Each of two or more words having the same pronunciation but different meanings, origins, or spelling, e.g., new and knew.
    "Suits" and "suites" do not have the same pronunciation.

One is pronounced "soots" while the other is pronounced "sweets."

Don't give up; someday, you'll learn to read and write. Maybe when the Messiah gets reelected, he'll set up a remedial program for folks like you using money he stole from folks like me.
    O RLY?

Don't give up; someday, you'll learn to read and write. Maybe when the Messiah gets reelected, he'll set up a remedial program for folks like you using money he stole from folks like me.
    Has this conversation actually been reduced to pointing out typos? I wonder sometimes if there is some sick deep-rooted need for me taking a dip in posts like this. But I digress; I ought to read more, and learn how to spell.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 04-19-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Suite can be pronounced sweet or soot.

Suit is pronounced soot.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/suite

Grammar police not knowing the rules are like real police not knowing the laws.
    Last edited by Stanley; 04-19-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    [snippers]

I am sure they were well-intentioned in pointing it out. Sometimes I run out of things to talk about as well.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Suite can be pronounced sweet or soot.

Suit is pronounced soot.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/suite

suite

   [sweet or, for 3 often,soot] Show IPA

noun 1. a number of things forming a series or set.

2. a connected series of rooms to be used together: a hotel suite.

3. a set of furniture, especially a set comprising the basic furniture necessary for one room: a bedroom suite.
    Yes, Stanley, I'm sure Beretta was referring to furniture.

Nice try. You can go back to playing your bongo drums now. Run along.
    O RLY?

Are you still talking about this? Okay, I'm sorry that I spelled "suites" rather than "suits." Is it really that big of a deal in the whole scheme of things? I am sure there are much worse things I have done on this forum...much worse.

2. a connected series of rooms to be used together: a hotel suite.
    BTW, I was referring to the way that you connect ideas. It was a metaphor.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 04-19-2012 at 01:49 PM.

BTW, I was referring to the way that you connect ideas. It was a metaphor.
    Lol, haha, that's funny, but a baldfaced lie. "It suites you" is what you wrote. No way in hell is that a metaphor for anything; it is only a potent demonstration of your lack of basic education, despite the fact it was provided to you for free.

Are you still talking about this? Okay, I'm sorry that I spelled "suites" rather than "suits." Is it really that big of a deal in the whole scheme of things? I am sure there are much worse things I have done on this forum...much worse.
    Yes, I'm aware of that. Your record of supporting statism, totalitarianism, "reasonable" gun restrictions, strip-searches, etc., etc., etc., is notorious. However, it is depressing sometimes to be constantly reminded that I must share the air with someone who holds such disgusting views. Therefore, I must amuse myself with you in other ways.

To get this back on topic, anyone who thinks Obama is not fervently anti-gun is, to put it frankly, an idiot. He may be currently constrained by the political climate (and the vast distrust most Americans have of him already), but his wet dream is to ban all guns (except for his Praetorians, of course).
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 04-19-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    O RLY?

Lol, haha, that's funny, but a baldfaced lie. "It suites you" is what you wrote. No way in hell is that a metaphor for anything; it is only a potent demonstration of your lack basic education, despite the fact it was provided to you for free.
    LMAO! I was speaking to your ideas as they formulate in your mind.

Yes, I'm aware of that. Your record of supporting statism, totalitarianism, "reasonable" gun restrictions, strip-searches, etc., etc., etc., is notorious. However, it is depressing sometimes to be constantly reminded that I must share the air with someone who holds such disgusting views. Therefore, I must amuse myself with you in other ways.
    The air is a bit rancid.

To get this back on topic, anyone who thinks Obama is not fervently anti-gun is, to put it frankly, an idiot. He may be currently constrained by the political climate (and the vast distrust most Americans have of him already), but his wet dream is to ban all guns (except for his Praetorians, of course).
    President Obama is anti-firearm, well, more like: pro-regulation.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 04-19-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Look up multiple dictionaries...

I know you like to play the heavy but even you gotta admit your error every know and then.

No one likes the grammar police.

I'll play my bongo drums if you teach me how to play the theme from Deliverance.
    Last edited by Stanley; 04-19-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

President Obama is anti-firearm, well, more like: pro-regulation.
    As in, "regulate them out of the hands of the citizenry and into the hands of those who wear jackboots and government-issued, shiny costume jewelry on their chests."
    O RLY?

As in, "regulate them out of the hands of the citizenry and into the hands of those who wear jackboots and government-issued, shiny costume jewelry on their chests."
    There's a lot of presumption in your post. In a Universe of infinite possibilities, it is possible that you may be correct.

I guess President Obama isn't anti-firearm, he is pro-restriction.

Yea Im sure he just wants more restrictions. Im sure he told the truth about what his intentions were before he got elected. Im sure we can compare him to Abe Lincoln. I say lets compare him to all of his self appointed, anti American, anti Freedom,anti constitution, anti Bill of rights csarzs. What a lying POS. K O O L A I D.

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    Yea Im sure he just wants more restrictions. Im sure he told the truth about what his intentions were before he got elected. Im sure we can compare him to Abe Lincoln. I say lets compare him to all of his self appointed, anti American, anti Freedom,anti constitution, anti Bill of rights csarzs. What a lying POS. K O O L A I D.
    In the video he did state that under the Constitution the individual has a right to arms. But of course, I am sure Romney is telling the truth.

In the video he did state that under the Constitution the individual has a right to arms. But of course, I am sure Romney is telling the truth.
    You need to look at what he has DONE, not what he has said. I can't think of many things that he said during the campaign that he actually stuck to, (unfortunately typical of most politicians on both sides) health care disaster excepted. Look at his underlings/advisers as well (Holder (F&F), Cas Sunstein (wants animals to be able to sue, outlaw hunting), probably others I can't think of), because he can say "It wasn't me, it was these people", throwing anyone under the bus to save his own neck.

The big O is a S.C.O.A.M.F.

Not worth arguing over. Just defeating.

If someone doesn't get how he would love to do away with the second amendment and totally disarm all non-Govt people then they are probably self deluding about a lot of things in their life so that reality is altered enough to make sense to their pre-concluded perception of it. "More (sensible) regulation" is the slow path so don't fool yourself thinking that it's not. If one thing is OK to restrict the next becomes only a little step away. Most people already assume they have less rights than they do which helps more laws to be passed since they didn't excercise them anyway.

I took note recently that the big O said he would be MAD if it was true about his Secret Service agents mis-behaving. I find nothing particularly wrong about that but please notice that he made no such statement about Fast and Furious and it had good people die because of it. Nope, not only no outrage at it but NO co-operation with the investigation into it. Very telling indeed. Like I said, anyone who still thinks O is not against us having our arms is deluding themselves because the proof is right in front of their eyes - they just refuse to see it. Idiot? Evil? Mentally off? Something... but not someone who sees things as they actually are.

When looking for the truth I watch the actions and believe that. If my wife told me she really really loved me after I found her in bed with another I would probably laugh out loud at the ridiculousness of the notion. Her actions said otherwise. No honey, you obviously don't!

O's actions say it all. The spinning is only spinning to those of us who believe our eyes and experiences.

Oh, yeah, just to add: I think McCain wouldn't have been any better. He pushed cap & trade at one point. Yeesh. He's no answer.
    Last edited by CommonMan101; 04-20-2012 at 06:27 PM.

I wonder what we ought to call individuals who believe that there ought to be 'reasonable' restrictions.

Idiots would seem to be appropriate. Maybe: Morons, Cretins, Pin Heads, Stupid. There might be a few other appropriate appellations.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast