• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who was it on here that said Obama is not anti-gun?

beebobby

I don't recall anyone stating that President Obama isn't anti-gun. I do recall a statement to the fact that he hasn't come for our guns.

nobama

We need to quit calling these people anti gun. We need to call them anti freedom. They cant argue much when called that which is what they really are.

Beretta92FSLady

We need to quit calling these people anti gun. We need to call them anti freedom. They cant argue much when called that which is what they really are.

Of course, that's the next logical step, right. I wonder what we ought to call individuals who believe that there ought to be 'reasonable' restrictions.

It may have been me that was accused of stating that President Obama is not anti-firearm. What I had posted, some time ago, is that there are things that the President wants to do, and things that the President can do; and I believe, as I still do that, the President can't do what he wants to do regarding firearms.--which is tightening firearms laws.

Last edited:

ManInBlack

Thanks for the help, it seems you have nothing better to do with your time than look for slip-ups in homophones.

[h=3]ho·mo·phone/ˈhäməˌfōn/[/h]
Noun:
Each of two or more words having the same pronunciation but different meanings, origins, or spelling, e.g., new and knew.

"Suits" and "suites" do not have the same pronunciation.

One is pronounced "soots" while the other is pronounced "sweets."

Don't give up; someday, you'll learn to read and write. Maybe when the Messiah gets reelected, he'll set up a remedial program for folks like you using money he stole from folks like me.

Beretta92FSLady

Don't give up; someday, you'll learn to read and write. Maybe when the Messiah gets reelected, he'll set up a remedial program for folks like you using money he stole from folks like me.

Has this conversation actually been reduced to pointing out typos? I wonder sometimes if there is some sick deep-rooted need for me taking a dip in posts like this. But I digress; I ought to read more, and learn how to spell.

Last edited:

Stanley

Suite can be pronounced sweet or soot.

Suit is pronounced soot.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/suite

Grammar police not knowing the rules are like real police not knowing the laws.

Last edited:

ManInBlack

Suite can be pronounced sweet or soot.

Suit is pronounced soot.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/suite

Grammar police not knowing the rules are like real police not knowing the laws.

[h=2]suite[/h]   [sweet or, for 3 often,soot] Show IPA

noun 1. a number of things forming a series or set.

2. a connected series of rooms to be used together: a hotel suite.

3. a set of furniture, especially a set comprising the basic furniture necessary for one room: a bedroom suite.

Yes, Stanley, I'm sure Beretta was referring to furniture. :rolleyes:

Nice try. You can go back to playing your bongo drums now. Run along.

Beretta92FSLady

Are you still talking about this? Okay, I'm sorry that I spelled "suites" rather than "suits." Is it really that big of a deal in the whole scheme of things? I am sure there are much worse things I have done on this forum...much worse.

2. a connected series of rooms to be used together: a hotel suite.

BTW, I was referring to the way that you connect ideas. It was a metaphor.

Last edited:

ManInBlack

BTW, I was referring to the way that you connect ideas. It was a metaphor.

Lol, haha, that's funny, but a baldfaced lie. "It suites you" is what you wrote. No way in hell is that a metaphor for anything; it is only a potent demonstration of your lack of basic education, despite the fact it was provided to you for free.

Are you still talking about this? Okay, I'm sorry that I spelled "suites" rather than "suits." Is it really that big of a deal in the whole scheme of things? I am sure there are much worse things I have done on this forum...much worse.

Yes, I'm aware of that. Your record of supporting statism, totalitarianism, "reasonable" gun restrictions, strip-searches, etc., etc., etc., is notorious. However, it is depressing sometimes to be constantly reminded that I must share the air with someone who holds such disgusting views. Therefore, I must amuse myself with you in other ways.

To get this back on topic, anyone who thinks Obama is not fervently anti-gun is, to put it frankly, an idiot. He may be currently constrained by the political climate (and the vast distrust most Americans have of him already), but his wet dream is to ban all guns (except for his Praetorians, of course).

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Lol, haha, that's funny, but a baldfaced lie. "It suites you" is what you wrote. No way in hell is that a metaphor for anything; it is only a potent demonstration of your lack basic education, despite the fact it was provided to you for free.

LMAO! I was speaking to your ideas as they formulate in your mind.

Yes, I'm aware of that. Your record of supporting statism, totalitarianism, "reasonable" gun restrictions, strip-searches, etc., etc., etc., is notorious. However, it is depressing sometimes to be constantly reminded that I must share the air with someone who holds such disgusting views. Therefore, I must amuse myself with you in other ways.

The air is a bit rancid.

To get this back on topic, anyone who thinks Obama is not fervently anti-gun is, to put it frankly, an idiot. He may be currently constrained by the political climate (and the vast distrust most Americans have of him already), but his wet dream is to ban all guns (except for his Praetorians, of course).

President Obama is anti-firearm, well, more like: pro-regulation.

Last edited:

Stanley

Look up multiple dictionaries...

I know you like to play the heavy but even you gotta admit your error every know and then.

No one likes the grammar police.

I'll play my bongo drums if you teach me how to play the theme from Deliverance. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

As in, "regulate them out of the hands of the citizenry and into the hands of those who wear jackboots and government-issued, shiny costume jewelry on their chests."

There's a lot of presumption in your post. In a Universe of infinite possibilities, it is possible that you may be correct.

Beretta92FSLady

I guess President Obama isn't anti-firearm, he is pro-restriction.

[video=youtube_share;MWajf5RkDJ8]http://youtu.be/MWajf5RkDJ8[/video]