Thread: Virginia State University: 1 Dead and 1 Wounded, both Shot on Campus

Founder's Club Member

Virginia State University: 1 Dead and 1 Wounded, both Shot on Campus

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

How are those "gun free" universities working in the remainder of the Commonwealth?

What are these schools thinking?

Even the phrase "fish in a barrel" doesn't seem to drescribe the level to which these schools are victimizing their well paying customers. Maybe the schools should sell their rights back. Maybe a tuition increase would be enought to allow me to carry when I go to ODU.
    "Yes, I am carrying a loaded firearm. Why aren't you? "

Founder's Club Member
    Dead students, faculty, staff and visitors are just the cost of doing business so that the universities can be "gun free" zones. The killings at Virginia Tech just show that even 30 people killed in a year on campus aren't even a number too high to keep the policy.

Although Liberty Universities' policy allowing students to keep guns in the car or outside of the buildings and allowing faculty and staff to carry guns on campus didn't go far enough in my opinion, at least it's light years ahead of the state schools.

Where oh where is leadership from our dearly beloved Governor McDonnell on this issue while students are being killed while his administration fosters the same failed policies that promote their deaths?
    Last edited by jmelvin; 04-18-2012 at 02:41 PM.

an 18-year-old VSU student was shot in the ankle Tuesday afternoon in a parking lot next to campus.
    Was that a private parking lot dedicated to use by VSU students? Was it something like a shopping center parking lot and the VSU student for whatever reason chose to use it instead of parking on campus? Was the person who was shot only coincidentally a VSU student and the location of the parking lot had nothing to do with VSU and its no-guns policy? VSU, for those not familiar with the campus, is a rural campus around which the area has grown up. It is more like Va Tech/JMU than VCU.

If reportologists would actually do the job they are paid for (but that presumes they were either trained or educated in how to string together who-what-where-when-why without introducing bias) we would not need to speculate about the answers to my questions.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

VCDL email

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    If reportologists would actually do the job they are paid for (but that presumes they were either trained or educated in how to string together who-what-where-when-why without introducing bias) we would not need to speculate about the answers to my questions.

stay safe.
    Apparently they didn't get the recent VCDL email on the proper way to report any news involving firearms. If they had, this event may have been more widely publicized! : P

http://tinyurl.com/7zurbuf
    Last edited by ryan7068; 04-18-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Another report: http://progress-index.com/news/vsu-f...mpus-1.1301926

That 90 feet makes all the difference in the world! (NOT!)

"it happened really fast, it must have been an automatic"

Well darn......it must have been an automatic. I know if I was gonna jack someone, thats what I would use! All the criminals now a day are toten full autos I heard that bullets from and automatic not only hurt more but are more likely to kill you if hit by one (Sarcasm on previous news article)

Founder's Club Member
    According to this story the VSU Campus Map indicates that the location of the shooting is a part of campus.

http://wtvr.com/2012/04/17/vsu-stude...n-to-hospital/

Campus Map with VSU Credit Union indicated:

http://localtvwtvr.files.wordpress.c.../04/vsumap.jpg
    Last edited by jmelvin; 04-18-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Those Gun free zones are working well!!!!!!!

Someone (gov) needs to step up and say guns allowed on campus, people are dying thanks to "gun free zones" this is madness and why I refuse to step into a college, all online now.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?