• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia State University: 1 Dead and 1 Wounded, both Shot on Campus

ryan7068

What are these schools thinking?

Even the phrase "fish in a barrel" doesn't seem to drescribe the level to which these schools are victimizing their well paying customers. Maybe the schools should sell their rights back. Maybe a tuition increase would be enought to allow me to carry when I go to ODU.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Dead students, faculty, staff and visitors are just the cost of doing business so that the universities can be "gun free" zones. The killings at Virginia Tech just show that even 30 people killed in a year on campus aren't even a number too high to keep the policy.

Although Liberty Universities' policy allowing students to keep guns in the car or outside of the buildings and allowing faculty and staff to carry guns on campus didn't go far enough in my opinion, at least it's light years ahead of the state schools.

Where oh where is leadership from our dearly beloved Governor McDonnell on this issue while students are being killed while his administration fosters the same failed policies that promote their deaths?

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
an 18-year-old VSU student was shot in the ankle Tuesday afternoon in a parking lot next to campus.

Was that a private parking lot dedicated to use by VSU students? Was it something like a shopping center parking lot and the VSU student for whatever reason chose to use it instead of parking on campus? Was the person who was shot only coincidentally a VSU student and the location of the parking lot had nothing to do with VSU and its no-guns policy? VSU, for those not familiar with the campus, is a rural campus around which the area has grown up. It is more like Va Tech/JMU than VCU.

If reportologists would actually do the job they are paid for (but that presumes they were either trained or educated in how to string together who-what-where-when-why without introducing bias) we would not need to speculate about the answers to my questions.

stay safe.

ryan7068

VCDL email

If reportologists would actually do the job they are paid for (but that presumes they were either trained or educated in how to string together who-what-where-when-why without introducing bias) we would not need to speculate about the answers to my questions.

stay safe.

Apparently they didn't get the recent VCDL email on the proper way to report any news involving firearms. If they had, this event may have been more widely publicized! : P

http://tinyurl.com/7zurbuf

Last edited:

ryan7068

"it happened really fast, it must have been an automatic"

Well darn......it must have been an automatic. I know if I was gonna jack someone, thats what I would use! All the criminals now a day are toten full autos :p I heard that bullets from and automatic not only hurt more but are more likely to kill you if hit by one :confused: (Sarcasm on previous news article)

ocholsteroc

Those Gun free zones are working well!!!!!!!

Someone (gov) needs to step up and say guns allowed on campus, people are dying thanks to "gun free zones" this is madness:cuss::mad::banghead: and why I refuse to step into a college, all online now.