Thread: Governor Brewer Vetos Bill!

Governor Brewer Vetos Bill!

To ALL Whom are Concerned:

Governor Brewer VETOED Arizona House Bill 2729.

aadvark

Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    To ALL Whom are Concerned:

Governor Brewer VETOED Arizona House Bill 2729.

aadvark
    She has proved that she is a shill for the antis and not fit to be Governor of AZ anymore. We had better luck with Nappy. Time to start a recall petition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahwg View Post
    She has proved that she is a shill for the antis and not fit to be Governor of AZ anymore. We had better luck with Nappy. Time to start a recall petition.

Sorry, but just because she doesn't agree on one issue, doesn't mean she doesn't support another. She allowed other bills through that were good for our cause.

She's a politician, she is trying to appease both sides. I'm sorry to say, but that's how politics work and its not grounds for immediate "recall petitions."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

AzCDL alert, along with copy of veto letter here.

Fred

Activist Member
    How incredibly ridiculous. She supports the second amendment, and just because a justice said "he" believes restrictions can be placed on carrying in government buildings, that it is ok to do so? Government buildings are our buildings, and I'm fairly certain the bill of rights was applied to the states through the 14th, and "shall not be infringed" is fairly straightforward. Deny carry in our buildings, and you are infringing on our constitutional rights.

We have been able to carry in all public buildings in the state of Ky since statehood, including the Capitol, and legislative chambers, and not one incident! She says guns and government meetings don't mix? Does she think someone who intends on shooting up city hall cares about a no weapons sign or provision in law? That makes her sound like a leftwing lunatic that believes laws stop criminals from breaking the law!
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

The proposed legislation would force the state and local jurisdictions to back up their claim of a sensitive area with real security! I do not believe this mandate is unreasonable; otherwise, the from a safety perspective the firearm prohibition is meaningless.

State and local public buildings cannot ban carry here in VA. Been like that for years. I can't tell you how many shootings we've had here in VA because of that. Blood everywhere in the streets...(sarcasm off now)

The veto sucks and is rather surprising coming from a contitutional carry state. Any chance of a veto override? If not, best of luck next year.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 04-18-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Campaign Veteran
    I thought it was pretty funny(well, funny really isn't the right word), but the lady that was shot in the butt about 15 years ago in, I believe, the city hall, came out against the bill and pleaded with Brewer to veto it. Even though her shooter walked right by the 'no guns allowed' signs and was in the building illegally and the only thing that would have kept her safe(i.e. real security) was in the bill that she wanted vetoed. So, to make things clear, she was against the very things that would have kept(and will keep) her safe in the future. Some people have no common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Notso View Post
    I thought it was pretty funny(well, funny really isn't the right word), but the lady that was shot in the butt about 15 years ago in, I believe, the city hall, came out against the bill and pleaded with Brewer to veto it. Even though her shooter walked right by the 'no guns allowed' signs and was in the building illegally and the only thing that would have kept her safe(i.e. real security) was in the bill that she wanted vetoed. So, to make things clear, she was against the very things that would have kept(and will keep) her safe in the future. Some people have no common sense.
    Maybe next time the BG's aim will be better.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    Here in MI carry is allowed in all municipal buildings (except courts & jails). Has been like that for years now. To date the blood has not run red in the streets when law abiding citizens carry for defensive purposes :-)

You should tell your Governor she is lost on her stance on this bill. If us animals in MI can do this without mayhem, surely the good people of AZ can, correct? :-)

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Centurion

Not so certain that he was the "bad guy".

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    Mary Rose Wilcox, the person shot, was indicted for numerous felonies by a Grand Jury. Her buddy, the District Attorney, refused to prosecute her.

Her illegal actions cost Maricopa County taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars.

http://www.examiner.com/article/larr...nty-supervisor

guns in govt buildings

While I disagree w/ Gov. brewer's veto, I think I know why she vetoed the bill. I believe she's suffering from "Laughneritis" ! I won't go into all the
    mistakes that happened in that situation, but the Gov. & Rep. Giffords are friends, even if not politically aligned. I believe it's the "gunning for the
    public officials" syndrome that stupifies politicians. Don't forget, Gov. Brewer signed the "constitutional carry" bill with some enthusiasim, so I won't
    be calling her an anti just yet. She vetoed the same bill last year also, so I wasn't too surprised. Maybe next year, with some "tweaks" !!
    Last edited by Viking; 05-01-2012 at 01:25 AM.

She vetoed campus carry last year as well. Gave some lame reason about it being too vague. If you don't want to flat out call her an anti- ok, but her pro 2A credentials are seriously in doubt. She even seems to be claiming that municipal facilities are "private property"? Wow, this is a horrible veto letter and the last paragraph makes no sense whatsoever.

She's a politician, and just like almost any other, she's going to play both angles. Oh well, guess I'll have to continue to CC at the MVD...