Thread: Conceal permits recodnised by Washington State

Conceal permits recodnised by Washington State

I am signed up for a utah class on the 9th. When I mentioned it at the last meeting we had in the South Sound, it was mentioned that Arizona's was better. I just looked it up and according to what I can find, Washington doesn't recodnise Arizona's because there is no mental health check. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks for any guidence you can give me.

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
    Yup. You can find list of what WA recognizes and potential for others to be recognized here:

http://www.atg.wa.gov/ConcealedWeapons/Reciprocity.aspx

If you are a Washington resident, WA won't recognize it for you, regardless of which state you get it from..

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyeross View Post
    If you are a Washington resident, WA won't recognize it for you, regardless of which state you get it from..
    Cite, please

If I'm not mistaken, most states require you (in our case) to have a WA CPL first to get an out of state CPL. INAL
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Thanks

I kinda figured. I've got my WA licence, think I'll stick with the utah for my secondary for now.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, most states require you (in our case) to have a WA CPL first to get an out of state CPL. INAL
    Correct but that is a recent change. When I took my Utah CPL class the state of Utah would not issue you their license unless you could produce a valid Washington CPL. You can take the Utah class without one the class is good for a few years but you will need to mail Utah a copy of your Washington CPL before they will give you their blessing, this all per my Utah state class instructor
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

I hope you enjoy your class I took mine a few moths ago in Silverdale. It was a good class a lot of review for anyone with prior experience but review is always good. I can't say I agreed with everything that was taught but try and find a gun class that you would. Utah gives themselves 90 days to get the permits out to you and they take their time. It took me 38 days to get mine
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"