• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In Bloomberg’s nightmare nation it’s ‘guilty until proven innocent’

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
In the wake of the 2012 NRA Convention in St Louis, Missouri, the group Mayors against Illegal Guns (MAIG), under the leadership of New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, has mounted a full-scale media blitz against the Second Amendment.

In an article in which he decries the NRA’s ‘nightmare nation’, Bloomberg and his allies rail against a litany of perceived problems with American gun laws.

One of the proposals they are reviving is one that I find particularly offensive from a constitutional perspective. It is the demand that those whose only offense is that their name appears on the so-called ‘Terrorist Watch List’ be denied the right to purchase firearms.

Given that there is such a clamor to use this list to deny fundamental rights, you might assume that there are some fairly elaborate due-process protections in place. But you would be wrong.

Let’s do a little question and answer session …

Excerpt ... Read more

Dreamer

Senator Ted Kennedy was on that list.

OK, maybe that isn't such a good example of people who don't actually belong on the "no fly" list... :rolleyes:

But I think we can all agree that the fact that Mickey Hicks (an 8-year-old Cub Scout with absolutely NO record at all) is on the TSA's "terrorist watch list" and CANNOT get off the list, is an appalling travesty, and symptomatic of everything that is currently wrong with the Feds.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/nyregion/14watchlist.html?_r=1

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Senator Ted Kennedy was on that list.

OK, maybe that isn't such a good example of people who don't actually belong on the "no fly" list... :rolleyes:

But I think we can all agree that the fact that Mickey Hicks (an 8-year-old Cub Scout with absolutely NO record at all) is on the TSA's "terrorist watch list" and CANNOT get off the list, is an appalling travesty, and symptomatic of everything that is currently wrong with the Feds.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/nyregion/14watchlist.html?_r=1

Perhaps the one he should have been on was the "no drive" list. Especially when in sea towns.