• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off topic, Embarrased

Dreamer

A good cop doesn't let a bad cop get away with it.

That old analogy about spoiling the whole barrel seems wiser by the day.

To paraphrase a famous Frank Serpico quote during the Knapp Commission:

"10% of cops are completely honest, 10% are unscrupulously corrupt, and the other 80% wish they were honest"

Logan 5

So embarrassing lately, so many officers in our state behaving badly. You would like to think that when you select a career that it is something to be proud of. I know it's a small percentage but still it is disheartening as an officer to see.

I would support a enhancement penalty for and crime committed under the color of law. And will talk to my legislator about the possibility. Thoughts?

I know it is off topic for this forum but I gotta vent and my wife learned long ago to avoid my rants.

Your rant sounds like my rant. I think it's a great idea.
No rest for the weary! You now have a new mission! And I say ALL of us have a new mission- help stargateranch put together a proposal for the Utah Reps. UIn fact, I KNOW that US Se. Mike Lee would support a reasonable motion.
SGR, PM me.

sudden valley gunner

I am 100% percent behind any cop that stands up and publicly exposes the bad officers and the culture of blue protection. I am betting his community would be grateful too, although the politicians and higher ups wouldn't like it.

Logan 5

In such an instance it behooves us law-abiding Americans to stand up and hold protests over how good cops are mistreated. Maybe if the good cops saw that, they'd understand how many of us good guys are actually out there. When the majority perform illegal acts and nothing is done to correct it, it gives a sense of hopelessness. When a good cop does something right and is penalized for it, we must show our faith and respect for such fine officers by standing up and holding a protest.

If people can hold a protest because a black drug addict gets his butt kicked for being an idiot, then people can hold a protest for the good people too.