Thread: Alcohol again. Drinking Alcohol *May* Significantly Enhance Problem Solving Skills

Herr Heckler Koch

Alcohol again. Drinking Alcohol *May* Significantly Enhance Problem Solving Skills

Will OCDO's amen-corner pipe-up to contradict this one?

White Oak Plantation
    However, the surprising discovery was that participants with a BAC of 0.07 or higher solved 40 percent more problems than their sober counterparts and took 12 seconds to complete the tasks compared to 15.5 seconds by teetotal participants.
    So, this means that a BAC of 0.21 will permit me to solve 120% of the problems in 4

My grandaddy used to say he did some of his best shootin (bird hunting) after a few belts of whiskey. Now I know why, he rarely missed. Well, he never missed, when I went with him as a wee tike.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

a 6-pack of beer was how I got into the right frame of mind to solve quantum mechanics problems back in undergrad. Sorry, I have no evidence with which to debunk only support the linked report.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.