Thread: Alcohol again. Drinking Alcohol *May* Significantly Enhance Problem Solving Skills

Herr Heckler Koch

Alcohol again. Drinking Alcohol *May* Significantly Enhance Problem Solving Skills

http://www.medicaldaily.com/news/201...vity-study.htm

Will OCDO's amen-corner pipe-up to contradict this one?

However, the surprising discovery was that participants with a BAC of 0.07 or higher solved 40 percent more problems than their sober counterparts and took 12 seconds to complete the tasks compared to 15.5 seconds by teetotal participants.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/news/201...vity-study.htm
    So, this means that a BAC of 0.21 will permit me to solve 120% of the problems in 4 seconds.....cool.

My grandaddy used to say he did some of his best shootin (bird hunting) after a few belts of whiskey. Now I know why, he rarely missed. Well, he never missed, when I went with him as a wee tike.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

a 6-pack of beer was how I got into the right frame of mind to solve quantum mechanics problems back in undergrad. Sorry, I have no evidence with which to debunk only support the linked report.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.