• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alcohol again. Drinking Alcohol *May* Significantly Enhance Problem Solving Skills

OC for ME

However, the surprising discovery was that participants with a BAC of 0.07 or higher solved 40 percent more problems than their sober counterparts and took 12 seconds to complete the tasks compared to 15.5 seconds by teetotal participants.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/news/20...ills-analytical-thinking-creativity-study.htm
So, this means that a BAC of 0.21 will permit me to solve 120% of the problems in 4 seconds.....cool.

My grandaddy used to say he did some of his best shootin (bird hunting) after a few belts of whiskey. Now I know why, he rarely missed. Well, he never missed, when I went with him as a wee tike.

Daylen

a 6-pack of beer was how I got into the right frame of mind to solve quantum mechanics problems back in undergrad. Sorry, I have no evidence with which to debunk only support the linked report.