Thread: Obtaining Handgun While Under 21

Question Obtaining Handgun While Under 21

Hey guys,
    I wanted to know how to legally obtain a handgun while 18 for open carry (I live in N.C.) I have seen some conflicting things about it over the internet and wondered if you guys had any helpful information on the subject.

Thanks in advance,
    Egm 69

Herr Heckler Koch
    The question is better asked in the NC forum to attract those knowledgeable of local laws. In general it is legal for a minor to be gifted a gun.

Thanks i will do that. I just joined the forum so im still learning a little about where to post and the like.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Find and join Grass Roots North Carolina. They have been on the bleeding of grassroots activism for gun rights. Ask an older member about some of their hassles with The Powers That Be.

ok sounds great. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    The question is better asked in the NC forum to attract those knowledgeable of local laws. In general it is legal for a minor to be gifted a gun.
    In general it is ILLEGAL for minors to be gifted a handgun.

If you are between the ages of 18 and 21 then it MAY be legal for you to purchase or receive as a gift a firearm by anyone that is not an FFL. I do not know NC laws but national law (Youth Handgun safety Act) generally prohibits MINORS from being in possession of a handgun but makes no mention of people that has reached the age of majority.

Until you reach 21 though, you cannot buy a handgun from an FFL holder.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.