• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

funny but accurate observation

scorpio_vette

So last fall I saw an add on craigslist for free kittens. I went to pick them up, and when I got there (for those who don't know me, I'm tattooed and pierced) the guy immediately went to my car and looked in the back seat. when I asked what he was doing, he said he wanted to make sure the kittens were getting a good home and taken care off, so he was checking to see if I had a child seat in the back since I claimed on the phone to have a 2year old.

Fast forward to this past month.

I'm shopping in farm and fleet with my 3year old, when suddenly a guy looks at me and says: "Hey did you pick up 2 kittens from me last fall???" sure enough it's the same guy. we chatted for a bit, and turns out I was looking for somebody to help me drop 2 big trees on my property and and that's what he does. so he came over later that day to give me an estimate. When he came over, he saw his 2 kittens (now big cats) running around playing and was very excited to see them and that they were doing good.

so he came this past tuesday morning to start dropping the trees. after we got done with the grunt work, we stood around talking about various different things, and (mind you the only time he's seen me WITHOUT a gun was the first time we met when i picked up the kittens. the rest of the time, including while cutting trees, i had my gun on my side) one of the topics was guns.

That's when he said:
tree guy: "I was actually really happy to see that you had a gun on you. It made me alot more comfortable"
Me: "what do you mean" (thinking that since we live out in the country he didn't have to worry about neighbor trouble)
tree guy: "well.........uum........look at you. I didn't know if you were somebody just doing the ink and piercings because you enjoy how it looks, or if you have a criminal or some type of violent background. But once I saw you carrying a gun I knew you weren't a felon, and you must have the ink and piercings for enjoyment".

LOL funny, but if even a 1/4 of people would be that open minded, and actually use their brains, the world would be a more relaxed and friendly place.

but for what it's worth, none of my regular places so much as blink at me (at least the employees) with the gun. we chat here or there a little like usual and make jokes about whatever, and it seems to even put the people that i can see giving me worried looks out of the corner of my eyes at ease. they see that i'm just buying soda or parts or whatever and that the staff is cool and friendly with me and knows me, and the other people seem to go from "somewhat worried" look, to "somewhat confused" or "curious" look. LOL

paul@paul-fisher.com

So last fall I saw an add on craigslist for free kittens. I went to pick them up, and when I got there (for those who don't know me, I'm tattooed and pierced) the guy immediately went to my car and looked in the back seat. when I asked what he was doing, he said he wanted to make sure the kittens were getting a good home and taken care off, so he was checking to see if I had a child seat in the back since I claimed on the phone to have a 2year old.

Fast forward to this past month.

I'm shopping in farm and fleet with my 3year old, when suddenly a guy looks at me and says: "Hey did you pick up 2 kittens from me last fall???" sure enough it's the same guy. we chatted for a bit, and turns out I was looking for somebody to help me drop 2 big trees on my property and and that's what he does. so he came over later that day to give me an estimate. When he came over, he saw his 2 kittens (now big cats) running around playing and was very excited to see them and that they were doing good.

so he came this past tuesday morning to start dropping the trees. after we got done with the grunt work, we stood around talking about various different things, and (mind you the only time he's seen me WITHOUT a gun was the first time we met when i picked up the kittens. the rest of the time, including while cutting trees, i had my gun on my side) one of the topics was guns.

That's when he said:
tree guy: "I was actually really happy to see that you had a gun on you. It made me alot more comfortable"
Me: "what do you mean" (thinking that since we live out in the country he didn't have to worry about neighbor trouble)
tree guy: "well.........uum........look at you. I didn't know if you were somebody just doing the ink and piercings because you enjoy how it looks, or if you have a criminal or some type of violent background. But once I saw you carrying a gun I knew you weren't a felon, and you must have the ink and piercings for enjoyment".

LOL funny, but if even a 1/4 of people would be that open minded, and actually use their brains, the world would be a more relaxed and friendly place.

but for what it's worth, none of my regular places so much as blink at me (at least the employees) with the gun. we chat here or there a little like usual and make jokes about whatever, and it seems to even put the people that i can see giving me worried looks out of the corner of my eyes at ease. they see that i'm just buying soda or parts or whatever and that the staff is cool and friendly with me and knows me, and the other people seem to go from "somewhat worried" look, to "somewhat confused" or "curious" look. LOL

Very cool!!!