• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I want my CCW NOW!!!

varminter22

Rollbar

Yes but think of it this way-No more paying for BGround check to buy a new gun since it will be issued after Jul 1, 2012 :banana:

Last edited:

KiDGiB

I applied for my ccw on July 19, 2012. The lady that does the fingerprints told me it will take about 90-120 days. It feels like a long time.

Yard Sale

I've got a quite common last name, it took 90 days exactly in 2010 ( washoe cnty)
It has nothing to do with your last name. My Washoe permit took 3-4 months in 2004 under Dennis Balaam and the renewal took 3-4 months days in 2009 under Mike Haley. Washoe county uses most of the 120 days to issue the permit.

Last edited:

FallonJeeper

I've found the wait differs from county to county. Some Sheriff departments process the application as soon as they get it, while others wait for a specific number of applications and send them all together, and then there's the Sheriff departments who procrastinate and use the full 120 days.

Some departments just get busy.