• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

emu email

rvd4now

Reported Crime: Attempted Unarmed Robbery (Off Campus, City of Ypsilanti)

The Ypsilanti Police are investigating an attempted unarmed robbery that occurred at approximately 9:15 a.m. today, in the300 block of Pearl Street. The victim is an EMU student and Open Carry advocate, who had his handgun in a holster. The victim reported that he was approached by an unknown suspect, who grabbed onto the gun and attempted to wrestle it away from the victim. Another person came to the victim’s aid and was able to secure the weapon and return it to the victim. The suspect fled on foot.

There are no reported injuries.

The suspect is described as an African American male, in his early 20’s, of a thin build, with a beard. He was said to be wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt, red shirt, dark pants, and grey/orange tennis shoes

xmanhockey7

I wonder if it's anyone on here. Glad to hear nothing bad happened to anyone involved.

OneForAll

Situation awareness would have prevented the incident. I'm glad to hear no one was hurt.