Thread: Duty to Disclose- going on a trip

Duty to Disclose- going on a trip

Can't seem to come up with a clear understanding of the requirements to disclose for various states-

In particular, Indiana, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Ohio.

doesn't seem to be addressed in handgunlaw.us, and my google-fu seems to be lacking....

Anyone have the skinny?
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Can't seem to come up with a clear understanding of the requirements to disclose for various states-

doesn't seem to be addressed in handgunlaw.us, and my google-fu seems to be lacking....

Anyone have the skinny?
    Indiana- None
    Ohio- Pretty much same as Michigan

The others I'm really not sure.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Banned
    Not disclosing is one of my favorite things about not having a CPL. To be honest, I'd like to still have it, but not being under the governments thumb is refreshing.

handgunlaws.us is your go to place for all things carry in other states.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Anyone have the skinny?
    From each State PDF File, right at the Top of the first page is the following information:

Must Inform Officer:

I suggest you go back to handgunlaw.us and re-review each State PDF you wish to visit (click on each State needed in the Map).

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    From each State PDF File, right at the Top of the first page is the following information:

Must Inform Officer:

I suggest you go back to handgunlaw.us and re-review each State PDF you wish to visit (click on each State needed in the Map).

You are correct! It was hiding in plain sight.

Many thanks
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Assyria Township, Barry County, Michigan, USA

Cool "Reciprocity"

Anyone have the skinny?
    Thanks, Shadow Bear, for posing the question. I too, am about to embark on a trip, but my destination is Maryland, where <groan> they do not reciprocate with Michigan licensing. Apparently, they require a separate permit, which may require long term pre-planning. Simply transporting a handgun is not so simple either. Bummer!

Anetsprungen
    Roy Sprunger
    IT Support
    Michigan Open Carry, Inc.