• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Duty to Disclose- going on a trip

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Can't seem to come up with a clear understanding of the requirements to disclose for various states-

In particular, Indiana, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Ohio.

doesn't seem to be addressed in handgunlaw.us, and my google-fu seems to be lacking....

Anyone have the skinny?

xmanhockey7

Can't seem to come up with a clear understanding of the requirements to disclose for various states-

doesn't seem to be addressed in handgunlaw.us, and my google-fu seems to be lacking....

Anyone have the skinny?

Indiana- None
Ohio- Pretty much same as Michigan

The others I'm really not sure.

PDinDetroit

Anyone have the skinny?

From each State PDF File, right at the Top of the first page is the following information:

Must Inform Officer:

I suggest you go back to handgunlaw.us and re-review each State PDF you wish to visit (click on each State needed in the Map).

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
From each State PDF File, right at the Top of the first page is the following information:

Must Inform Officer:

I suggest you go back to handgunlaw.us and re-review each State PDF you wish to visit (click on each State needed in the Map).

You are correct!:banana: It was hiding in plain sight.:banghead:

Many thanks:D

anetsprungen

Assyria Township, Barry County, Michigan, USA
"Reciprocity"

Anyone have the skinny?

Thanks, Shadow Bear, for posing the question. I too, am about to embark on a trip, but my destination is Maryland, where <groan> they do not reciprocate with Michigan licensing. Apparently, they require a separate permit, which may require long term pre-planning. Simply transporting a handgun is not so simple either. Bummer!

Anetsprungen