• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can you carry here??

utbob2004

Hello everyone,

I have two questions. First, does anyone know about carrying in churches that have an affiliated school associated with the church. Secondly, can you carry on public transportation, aka MATA, MTA, KAT, etc. I worked security at a credit union in Memphis and a member asked me and I told him I had no clue. I tried asking a firearms instructor here and Memphis and he stated as far as he knows it is a NO GO in both cases. I have asked my state rep from here in Memphis if he would get an interpretation from the Attorney General and he said that he really doesn't have the time to ask for such a request (go figure for memphis democrat). Any input y'all can give would be appreciated! I personally would carry in both instances probably concealed.

Fallguy

If the Church has a state certified school, then there is no carry anywhere on the grounds.

There is no law against carry on public transportation.

Sad that the firearms instructor doesn't know this and that your Rep doesn't have time for you. My Rep has submitted questions to the AG for me a couple of times and once got an opinon from the House legal staff.

Last edited: