Thread: 12 News uncovers details about officer caught on tape hitting suspect

12 News uncovers details about officer caught on tape hitting suspect

http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east-...b/-/index.html

And we have these types of people "protecting" us?!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east-...b/-/index.html

And we have these types of people "protecting" us?!
    Serve and protect.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

"Court records suggest the department took away the officer's gun two years ago. Two judges signed temporary restraining orders against the officer after his then-wife said his violent outbursts had her fearing for her safety."

"Since November of 2009, my husband has been sinking into depression and his personality has changed tremendously. He has unstable episodes of rage over even tiny things. He has damaged doors, the floor and walls with his fists. During these outbursts, he screams, and if the dogs don't hide from him, he strikes them."

"He has grabbed me, held me down, shook me and slapped me, resulting in bruises, pain and neck pain that lasted for three days. I am in fear of great bodily harm. I also fear him stealing and abusing or killing my dogs."
    Last edited by MKEgal; 04-19-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Campaign Veteran
    Going to be an interesting spin they put on this.

I've seen that car down there a time or two, never saw the owner. Don't usually roll a car like that without having an a decent attorney on retainer.
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Serve and protect.
    Serve and protect the crap out of us...

It is a well published fact that LEO work attracts aggressive people. Incidents of domestic violence happen at a higher rate among officers between them and their families and there is little other explanation. Unfortunately, if it wasn't for the phone videos, this poor abused citizen may never have had his case heard. There is little justice for those abused by cops since it is difficult to prove anything without video or witnesses.

The driver was a friend of a work associate.
    Is was not his car, the owner was unable to drive.
    I was told he did not resist but was just unable to get up out of the car fast enough for the officer.
    Those things are very low to the ground I am told.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post

"Court records suggest the department took away the officer's gun two years ago. Two judges signed temporary restraining orders against the officer after his then-wife said his violent outbursts had her fearing for her safety."

"Since November of 2009, my husband has been sinking into depression and his personality has changed tremendously. He has unstable episodes of rage over even tiny things. He has damaged doors, the floor and walls with his fists. During these outbursts, he screams, and if the dogs don't hide from him, he strikes them."

"He has grabbed me, held me down, shook me and slapped me, resulting in bruises, pain and neck pain that lasted for three days. I am in fear of great bodily harm. I also fear him stealing and abusing or killing my dogs."

Ten to one the wifes lawyer helped her write that one. Not that he wasn't in the wrong but the statements hit all the high points not to have had some legal help.

From the video I cant tell what the suspect is doing depending on what he was doing striking him could have be reasonable.

We all know the drunks are always nice kind and reaonable people to deal with.

McX
    wasnt there a number of years ago some poor suspect, motorcyclist i recall, that was beaten to death with night sticks in Milwaukee, and it was determined he died of a heart attack, provoking t-shirts that showed night sticks, and the caution that they cause heart attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor
    Ten to one the wifes lawyer helped her write that one.
    She'd have been stupid not to have help.

From the video I cant tell what the suspect is doing depending on what he was doing striking him could have be reasonable.
    In the other video, which shows a more head-on perspective (shot pretty much "above" the victim's head, as he's lying there), it doesn't appear that he's doing anything other than lying there, & shows that in addition to the officer under investigation there was one (apparently) sitting on his back/butt. That officer isn't bouncing, so I'd venture to say that the body he was sitting on wasn't squirming.

It's at about 0:53 here:
    http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east-...z/-/index.html
    It's from further away.
    But even in the original video the second (sitting-on) officer can be seen, and the standing-around officer is standing there watching the beating, NOT the crowd he was supposedly controlling.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    See no connection to OC or RKBA in this thread.

Interesting and disconcerting but inappropriate for OCDO.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.