• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

12 News uncovers details about officer caught on tape hitting suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKEgal

:shocker:
"Court records suggest the department took away the officer's gun two years ago. Two judges signed temporary restraining orders against the officer after his then-wife said his violent outbursts had her fearing for her safety."

"Since November of 2009, my husband has been sinking into depression and his personality has changed tremendously. He has unstable episodes of rage over even tiny things. He has damaged doors, the floor and walls with his fists. During these outbursts, he screams, and if the dogs don't hide from him, he strikes them."

"He has grabbed me, held me down, shook me and slapped me, resulting in bruises, pain and neck pain that lasted for three days. I am in fear of great bodily harm. I also fear him stealing and abusing or killing my dogs."

Last edited:

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Going to be an interesting spin they put on this.

I've seen that car down there a time or two, never saw the owner. Don't usually roll a car like that without having an a decent attorney on retainer.

smithman

It is a well published fact that LEO work attracts aggressive people. Incidents of domestic violence happen at a higher rate among officers between them and their families and there is little other explanation. Unfortunately, if it wasn't for the phone videos, this poor abused citizen may never have had his case heard. There is little justice for those abused by cops since it is difficult to prove anything without video or witnesses.

jjorgen

The driver was a friend of a work associate.
Is was not his car, the owner was unable to drive.
I was told he did not resist but was just unable to get up out of the car fast enough for the officer.
Those things are very low to the ground I am told.

Firearms Iinstuctor

:shocker:
"Court records suggest the department took away the officer's gun two years ago. Two judges signed temporary restraining orders against the officer after his then-wife said his violent outbursts had her fearing for her safety."

"Since November of 2009, my husband has been sinking into depression and his personality has changed tremendously. He has unstable episodes of rage over even tiny things. He has damaged doors, the floor and walls with his fists. During these outbursts, he screams, and if the dogs don't hide from him, he strikes them."

"He has grabbed me, held me down, shook me and slapped me, resulting in bruises, pain and neck pain that lasted for three days. I am in fear of great bodily harm. I also fear him stealing and abusing or killing my dogs."

Ten to one the wifes lawyer helped her write that one. Not that he wasn't in the wrong but the statements hit all the high points not to have had some legal help.

From the video I cant tell what the suspect is doing depending on what he was doing striking him could have be reasonable.

We all know the drunks are always nice kind and reaonable people to deal with.

M

McX

wasnt there a number of years ago some poor suspect, motorcyclist i recall, that was beaten to death with night sticks in Milwaukee, and it was determined he died of a heart attack, provoking t-shirts that showed night sticks, and the caution that they cause heart attacks?

MKEgal

Firearms Iinstuctor said:
Ten to one the wifes lawyer helped her write that one.
She'd have been stupid not to have help.

From the video I cant tell what the suspect is doing depending on what he was doing striking him could have be reasonable.
In the other video, which shows a more head-on perspective (shot pretty much "above" the victim's head, as he's lying there), it doesn't appear that he's doing anything other than lying there, & shows that in addition to the officer under investigation there was one (apparently) sitting on his back/butt. That officer isn't bouncing, so I'd venture to say that the body he was sitting on wasn't squirming.

It's at about 0:53 here:
http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east...es/-/10148890/10948190/-/dio3mbz/-/index.html
It's from further away.
But even in the original video the second (sitting-on) officer can be seen, and the standing-around officer is standing there watching the beating, NOT the crowd he was supposedly controlling.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
See no connection to OC or RKBA in this thread.

Interesting and disconcerting but inappropriate for OCDO.

Status
Not open for further replies.