• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Security

tjkruck

Had an unarmed security guard tell my wife that me open carrying makes me stand out and draw attention to myself and makes me a target. Hmm you think that maybe he could be jealous. He walks around with a large set of keys I'm not bragging that I have a firearm I just choose to open carry. Because I can better protect my daughter, wife and myself than he could. Great security buddy. Told my wife I should cover it up too element of surprise is better than people.knowing you have it. I'm not looking for surprise buddy. I use to go to a gas station close to where my wife use to work and they appreciated that I open carried because they said shoplifting was down... I just found out that it was robbed last week, unfortunately I have not been to that gas station in 3 months due to the fact that she does not work In that town anymore. Sorry caseys gas station

jdholmes

I truly cannot grasp how so many people believe that is sound logic.

If I can somehow prevent myself from having to use that element of surprise, maybe by open carrying, than I am going to do it! I don't want to have to use the element of surprise.

Part of me thinks that mentality that some cc'ers have is an immature notion that if a bad guy comes a knocking they are going to turn into a ninja...Their idea of how the world works come from action movies and not reality.

I just can't explain it or grasp it..the logic is so flawed.

Last edited:

Murphy

Working in the security field for a few years, from standard officer all the way up to district trainer, I've seen the caliber of people that many agencies hire and employ. Often times, it's a low paying low skilled bs job with a high turnover rate due to stupid shift managers, account managers, and good officers quitting simply because they aren't allowed to to the job they were hired to do, because of onsite politics.
Some of the folks I've seen as security I'm not too sure I would trust them with a firearm. A large key ring is better for everyone....