Thread: Looking for anyone who has OC'd in Augusta Area

Looking for anyone who has OC'd in Augusta Area

Since moving to Georgia in 2005, I have been endorsed to carry. after our new Governor signed the new law....I have been hesitant to open carry since moving to Richmond County....let alone Columbia or other counties in the CSRA. I always pull over before crossing the state line to lock box my weapon, and anywhere else it's posted not allowing weapons.
    I would probably feel most comfortable in a restaurant at first, maybe a big box store.....any experiences to share to ease my anxiety ??

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    OC w/permit is legal in Georgia, in a vehicle no permit needed. Your personal comfort level will improve the more you OC. Consider making the first few excursions with an experienced hand - the buddy system is a good prescription for newbie nerves.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Thanx for the info and for easing my nerves ...... and as Alice from The Brady Bunch said...... Yata HI !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kykuit View Post
    Since moving to Georgia in 2005, I have been endorsed to carry. after our new Governor signed the new law....I have been hesitant to open carry since moving to Richmond County....let alone Columbia or other counties in the CSRA. I always pull over before crossing the state line to lock box my weapon, and anywhere else it's posted not allowing weapons.
    I would probably feel most comfortable in a restaurant at first, maybe a big box store.....any experiences to share to ease my anxiety ??
    I've OC'd all over Augusta, no one bats an eye. I'm usually there a couple times a month at least. It's a huge non-event after you become accustomed to the fact that most people don't notice/care.

Tim

I have carried all over Augusta...my grandmother lives in Millen so im always up that way