• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for anyone who has OC'd in Augusta Area

Kykuit

Since moving to Georgia in 2005, I have been endorsed to carry. after our new Governor signed the new law....I have been hesitant to open carry since moving to Richmond County....let alone Columbia or other counties in the CSRA. I always pull over before crossing the state line to lock box my weapon, and anywhere else it's posted not allowing weapons.
I would probably feel most comfortable in a restaurant at first, maybe a big box store.....any experiences to share to ease my anxiety ??

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OC w/permit is legal in Georgia, in a vehicle no permit needed. Your personal comfort level will improve the more you OC. Consider making the first few excursions with an experienced hand - the buddy system is a good prescription for newbie nerves. :D

timb30016

Since moving to Georgia in 2005, I have been endorsed to carry. after our new Governor signed the new law....I have been hesitant to open carry since moving to Richmond County....let alone Columbia or other counties in the CSRA. I always pull over before crossing the state line to lock box my weapon, and anywhere else it's posted not allowing weapons.
I would probably feel most comfortable in a restaurant at first, maybe a big box store.....any experiences to share to ease my anxiety ??

I've OC'd all over Augusta, no one bats an eye. I'm usually there a couple times a month at least. It's a huge non-event after you become accustomed to the fact that most people don't notice/care.

Tim

rmodel65

I have carried all over Augusta...my grandmother lives in Millen so im always up that way