Thread: Jackson's Coalition To Challenge Gun Laws In Oklahoma

Jackson's Coalition To Challenge Gun Laws In Oklahoma

Just saw this tonight- hope its not old news to you fellows. Jesse Jackson, dumbash du jour, is at it again:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1436239.html

I am amazed at how the anti gun peeps are ok with someone being hurt or killed by a criminal because the law wouldn't allow them to have a gun to protect themselves. Best to just let them beat, rob, rape and possibly kill you. I don't get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    No worries. Jackson coming to Oklahoma to demand gun control would be just like OKC people going to Seattle and demanding that everyone there wear OKC Thunder shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by CEM View Post
    I am amazed at how the anti gun peeps are ok with someone being hurt or killed by a criminal because the law wouldn't allow them to have a gun to protect themselves. Best to just let them beat, rob, rape and possibly kill you. I don't get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    There are two types of innocent people in the world, Victims and Defenders. I wonder what the victim would think if he had the chance to have his life saved by an armed defender?

If the "Reverend" (sic) Jackson wants to change guns laws in Oklahoma, then he needs to move here, take up residence, register like the rest of us and run for office. Otherwise, he can keep his stinky, publicity seeking self-righteousness back east, and let the people of Oklahoma deal with the ignorant criminals that kill people like we have for years... with the death penalty!

Quote Originally Posted by cloefke View Post
    If the "Reverend" (sic) Jackson wants to change guns laws in Oklahoma, then he needs to move here, take up residence, register like the rest of us and run for office. Otherwise, he can keep his stinky, publicity seeking self-righteousness back east, and let the people of Oklahoma deal with the ignorant criminals that kill people like we have for years... with the death penalty!
    Or we just shoot them when they try to break into our houses. I remember how in march my wife made a comment about how on the news there had been like 5+ deaths of burglars by home owners in only 3 months. IMO that's dealing with crime the proper way.
    Last edited by Aknazer; 04-29-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    Or we just shoot them when they try to break into our houses. I remember how in march my wife made a comment about how on the news there had been like 5+ deaths of burglars by home owners in only 3 months. IMO that's dealing with crime the proper way.
    And my wife thinks I am paranoid for having a gun near me at all times, including when in the tub. Bad guys no know schedule, and will break in at the most inopportune times. So yeah, I have a .45 sitting right here as I type. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    And my wife thinks I am paranoid for having a gun near me at all times, including when in the tub. Bad guys no know schedule, and will break in at the most inopportune times. So yeah, I have a .45 sitting right here as I type. ;-)
    I hear ya. When people ask me why I have a gun on/by me at home I always say "because 100% of home invasions happen in the home." I often get a funny look as it doesn't seem to click with most people that even when at home you can still be targeted for crime. Only time I don't have a gun with me at home is when I put it on my computer desk and forget to grab it when walking to another part of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    Only time I don't have a gun with me at home is when I put it on my computer desk and forget to grab it when walking to another part of the house.
    I got that base covered...there just another gun in that "other parts" of the house. (any of them)

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    I got that base covered...there just another gun in that "other parts" of the house. (any of them)
    Sadly I don't have enough money to hide a gun in every room, though my wife and I have looked into those fake books (and other hidden compartments) to be able to hide a gun throughout the house. Interestingly she was the one who actually started looking into them even though she doesn't currently carry (she keeps being lazy with turning in the CCW paperwork).

My wife owns 106 acres in OK and this is why I want to build the house in the center of that. Criminals are lazy and will hopefully be tired from the long walk. Then I can save my rounds and let my daughter use hers