• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here's an idiot

JoeSparky

Centurion
In Utah where it is 100% legal to carry/conceal with a permit on any public school property on in the buildings the "teacher" may not have been alive to face these charges!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Not to take anything away from the behavior of the teacher, but the apparently unflinching submission of the students bothers me.

Much like the lack of opposition by the Jews during the Nazi round-ups, which were explained as "What good would opposing do? We were going to die no matter what we did," I can find nothing that suggests that any student(s) made any attempt to escape from or attack the teacher once the gun was presented.

"Never again!" makes a great slogan, but it requires action both on the political and the personal level. There are documented reports of at least one student and one professor at Va Tech who rose up against Cho and his plan to shoot everyone as they cowered under their desks waiting for him to walk up and kill them. There are also documented reports of several students who climbed out windows to escape.

Having been shot at I know how difficult it is to do anything other than stand there flatfooted in a combination of fear and confusion. The desire not to die served as a motivation to "do something!" whether it was to drop to the ground, move "off the X," or to return fire. For the record, one does not need to have a firearm to return fire.

I know not what course others may take, but as for me ....

stay safe.