Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Nugent > " Open Carry Is For Weirdos" < quote from Uncle Ted > see video >>>>>>

Ted Nugent > " Open Carry Is For Weirdos" < quote from Uncle Ted > see video >>>>>>

>>>> 2:19 seconds into Ted's 2011 NRA convention speech he call's every one of us a 'weirdo' !!! See for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfX8D...feature=relmfu

Why do people like him again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Thumbs down

What a jackhole.

Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Just like everybody else, he is entitled to his opinion. Its his choice to concealed carry, and just like everyone else, if he likes it or not, open carry is here to stay.

Notice the guitar in the back-ground...he ought to stick to guitars.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Unfortunately, there are probably many people that heard Ted say that and believe that open carry will get you shot first just because the Nuge said so. They will never think diffidently because "the Nuge is all knowing".

This past Wednesday I was conversing with a contractor at work about Ted. We were discussing Ted's rant about Obama. Somewhere in the conversation the opportunity to discuss open carry came up. I told the contractor that I supported open carry and that I carry openly any chance I get.

The contractor gave me that whole "element of surprise" bit and said that "Ted's right on everything".

Later that day I found out the contractor doesn't even carry a firearm.

[sarcasm] If you read it on the internets, or if the Nuge says it, it must be true! [/sarcasm]

I like Ted, and what he stands for. That being said, I'm a bit surprised by his stance on lawful open carry. I would have thought he was cool with anything second amendment related. Oh well... I'm not gonna trash the guy because of one skewed opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic1210 View Post
    I like Ted, and what he stands for. That being said, I'm a bit surprised by his stance on lawful open carry. I would have thought he was cool with anything second amendment related. Oh well... I'm not gonna trash the guy because of one skewed opinion.
    Just because it's the first skewed opinion you've heard reported, does not mean it's the only one the man publicly espouses. I encourage you to do a little research on Nugent, and ask yourself, "In viewing the totality of his words and deeds, is this someone I want to represent ME in front of the mainstream media and the non-gun owning public?"

My answer is a resounding "NO."
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 04-21-2012 at 04:18 PM.

All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?

Like so many others He is 2A to point but not all the way. I believe He is sadly mistaken about open carry. Sounds like a fudd to Me.

Does Ted really believe all police and security are weirdos?

Take it with a grain of salt, Ted has called himself a weirdo and by his own admission has open carried. I recall him talking about open carrying a machine gun. He did not specifically state "open carry" but the gun was loaded, uncased and laying in his vehicle while going to a local fast food place. If that is not defined as open carry, then what is?

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    What a jackhole.
    ***While open carrying at taco johns no one seemed to care/notice/look*** read jackhole.... Burst out laughing. People notice/look..... Still don't care that I'm carrying. Man I must be a weirdo then huh

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by lockman View Post
    Does Ted really believe all police and security are weirdos?

Take it with a grain of salt, Ted has called himself a weirdo and by his own admission has open carried. I recall him talking about open carrying a machine gun. He did not specifically state "open carry" but the gun was loaded, uncased and laying in his vehicle while going to a local fast food place. If that is not defined as open carry, then what is?
    In more than a few states, including Nugent's Michigan home, that would require a CPL. Not open carry at all.

Besides, to any real American with an understanding of liberties, the interior of one's vehicle is NOBODY ELSE'S BUSINESS. Completely different from carrying a visible weapon in public, both in terms of real and perceived risk to one's life, liberty, and property.

O RLY?

Activist Member
    You don't hear him saying people driving around in zebra print broncos, or walking around wearing tight zebra print pants, or standing in front of thousands of people in your speedo's is weird do you? Nope, even though a majority of Americans would call these activities weird! BTW, Ted does all of these things and more! So how does he have the audacity to call someone lawfully exercising their second amendment rights "weirdos?" Carrying a firearm concealed or open is normal to me, and as American as it can get. Perhaps he should pay a little more attention to the "founders of our country" that he loves so much before he calls them, and everyone who openly carries a weapon weirdos!
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Meh,

If I wanted to get political opinions from a man with long hair and a tacky fashion sense Id go to New Jersey.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Meh,

If I wanted to get political opinions from a man with long hair and a tacky fashion sense Id go to New Jersey.
    bwahahaha!

Meh,

Please pick up your internets before the close of business Friday, or the prize will be returned to The Prize Chest for someone else to win.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

http://www.wptz.com/news/national/Te...8/-/qf1g91z/-/

I hope he didn't OC while he was doing his illegal poaching. That would be weird!

I've always kinda thought that you hide something your ashamed of. A concealed weapon is fine in its place. Like if its cold outside and your wearing a jacket. I'm getting my CCDW just so that I have the option, but for the most part I plan to continue OC. CC isn't going to raise any awareness to this right. Most of my family believes that it's illegal to OC in public (even though I've told them otherwise) and frown on it. The Nug is yet another man with more money than sense, and unfortunately that gives him the medium to amplify his ignorant voice. Seriously, who wants they 2A rights spoken about on behalf of a burnt out rock-star with enough money to shield himself from the consequences of law that we face. My humble opinion for what its worth.

Meh,

That's gotta be among the best comments ever written in OCDO. (Altho... I'd prob'ly have picked San Francisco.)

OC is for Weirdos?

Then it sounds like OC is perfect for him.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Dude must not have rifles or go hunting.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Dude must not have rifles or go hunting.
    Dude must not know much about Ted Nugent...

Talking

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5826.sarcasmtop.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	8391

O RLY?

Founder's Club Member
    It was sarcasm.

We just gotta work on Uncle Ted is all. Everybody's got a crazy uncle.

Remember Mas Ayoob? Mr. Concealed Carry of Lethal Force Institute? He finally came around a year or two ago. He didn't suddenly start telling everybody to OC, but one of his columns in Combat Handguns acknowledged the legitimacy of OC.

If Ayoob can see OC for what it is, I'm thinking Nugent can, too.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. (Because that is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--for each other and everybody else--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.)

Equality and consent of the governed: We're all equal. How can another legitimately govern me without my express consent?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    It was sarcasm.
    I would surely hope so. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell with written words on the internets and all...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast