• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ted Nugent > " Open Carry Is For Weirdos" < quote from Uncle Ted > see video >>>>>>

XD40coyote

I may qualify for the OC weirdo label. Last year I attended an OC picnic in PA with a taxidermy coyote. Everyone there actually liked it, so I guess the whole group is weirdos. I had previously joked about doing such a thing, so I thought bringing it to fruition would be funny. Of course the organizer ( not me) had gotten the local paper to come by, and the reporter and photographer made a beeline for me when I took Mr Coyote out of the truck and plopped him on the table. I made it into the article, and then the followup anti carry editorial LOL "fashion police- ditch the holster". LOL, I guess I'm weird! I've shown this to non carry types and most think it really neat that I had the coyote with me. Marylanders too.

But perhaps this weirdness of mine is OK, I am an artist afterall. Just tell people you are an artist, and they will be like " ohhhh, cooool!" and all will be ok. LOL. Yep. I had some art students really excited when they came by my place due to an interest in taxidermy. The OC made their entire year I think. I even let one gal put on an unloaded gun in a holster so her friend could take a pic of her OCing. Oh yeah, I gave a bunch of spent brass out to them all for use in art projects. You see when I was their age I didn't know anyone who would give me any ( the one guy was a reloader), and I really wanted some so I could say F the establishment with my art. I ended up buying brass from Cabelas LOL. Anyway, I was giving back for what I couldn't get many years ago. Of course I asked where they were actually from, some from VA, I think WI or MI. VA LOL. Go back home and OC dammit! Or OC an orange squirt gun to class, that's a weird college you know, it would probably be allowed- freedom of expression is a big deal down there at MICA. You can even bring your dog to class.

Last edited:

Jack House

When you carry rifles, it is generally OC. I think you missed that point I was trying to make.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Jared

>>>> 2:19 seconds into Ted's 2011 NRA convention speech he call's every one of us a 'weirdo' !!! See for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfX8DuGLTTc&feature=relmfu

Uncle Ted is also LEOSA qualified so he can carry anywhere he goes with few limitations.

Uncle Ted also isn't telling you that he maintains a Michigan residence, meaning he has a MI CPL (and he's a reserve deputy in MI) so he is exempt from Concealed Pistol Free Zones. So he's definately amongst the privledge. I'm not knocking him for that because I'm LEOSA qualified as well; however, I support open carry and most importantly, I realize that open carry is the only way the average person in MI can carry due to pistol free zones.

There is nothing worse than someone who is exempt from carry restrictions who snubs his nose against other people who are forced to abide by those restrictions.

Open carry was the norm out west before the 1990's... Uncle Ted must have been too heavy into drugs back then to realize it.

But then again, consider the source, he also said he would love to join the Border Patrol and wishes if he was able to "mow down Mexicans as they run across the border."

Medic1210

Open carry was the norm out west before the 1990's... Uncle Ted must have been too heavy into drugs back then to realize it.

But then again, consider the source, he also said he would love to join the Border Patrol and wishes if he was able to "mow down Mexicans as they run across the border."

Please cite your sources If you're going to make claims of drug use and racist comments. The rest of your post sounded well informed, but those comments leave me curios as to where they came from.

rotorhead

Uncle Ted is also LEOSA qualified so he can carry anywhere he goes with few limitations.

Uncle Ted also isn't telling you that he maintains a Michigan residence, meaning he has a MI CPL (and he's a reserve deputy in MI) so he is exempt from Concealed Pistol Free Zones. So he's definately amongst the privledge. I'm not knocking him for that because I'm LEOSA qualified as well; however, I support open carry and most importantly, I realize that open carry is the only way the average person in MI can carry due to pistol free zones.

There is nothing worse than someone who is exempt from carry restrictions who snubs his nose against other people who are forced to abide by those restrictions.

Nugent's never been into drugs, ever. He's many things but not a drug user. He's very outspoken about that position.
He may have been too into women back then, but not drugs lol.

Jared

Please cite your sources If you're going to make claims of drug use and racist comments. The rest of your post sounded well informed, but those comments leave me curios as to where they came from.

I don't need to cite my sources for his comments about Mexicans. My office use to have a signed poster of him in the break room. When that was poster was given to a co-worker, that's when he was saying his rant about how he wished if he could join DHS and volunteer at the Mexican Border and that he wished he could shoot at people as they ran across the border.

As far as the drug use. I'm just going by how torn up his face looks. Unless he was left out in the sun for 3 decades. You don't look like that from womanizing.

That's just my observation.

Medic1210

I don't need to cite my sources for his comments about Mexicans. My office use to have a signed poster of him in the break room. When that was poster was given to a co-worker, that's when he was saying his rant about how he wished if he could join DHS and volunteer at the Mexican Border and that he wished he could shoot at people as they ran across the border.

As far as the drug use. I'm just going by how torn up his face looks. Unless he was left out in the sun for 3 decades. You don't look like that from womanizing.

That's just my observation.

So basically, your quoted comment and statement regarding drug use is nothing more than rumor and libel. Thanks for clarifying.

Jared

So basically, your quoted comment and statement regarding drug use is nothing more than rumor and libel. Thanks for clarifying.

Basically, you are incorrect.

I said the following regarding drug use...

"Open carry was the norm out west before the 1990's... Uncle Ted must have been too heavy into drugs back then to realize it."

That's completely different from saying "Uncle Ted was too heavy into drugs back then."

For example,

If Nick from the neighborhood was late for the annual block party cookout, and someone said "Nick must have lost track of time.".... that would imply a possible answer to why Nick was late for the block party. This would be entirely different from someone who said "Nick definately lost track of time." The first answer offers a possible explanation where the second one offers an affirmative answer.

You are inferring something into my statement that simply isn't there. It's not a rumor nor is it libel.

Here is a good website to check out if you are still having difficulty understanding...

http://www.grammarbook.com/

Last edited:

Medic1210

Basically, you are incorrect.

I said the following regarding drug use...

"Open carry was the norm out west before the 1990's... Uncle Ted must have been too heavy into drugs back then to realize it."

That's completely different from saying "Uncle Ted was too heavy into drugs back then."

For example,

If Nick from the neighborhood was late for the annual block party cookout, and someone said "Nick must have lost track of time.".... that would imply a possible answer to why Nick was late for the block party. This would be entirely different from someone who said "Nick definately lost track of time." The first answer offers a possible explanation where the second one offers an affirmative answer.

You are inferring something into my statement that simply isn't there. It's not a rumor nor is it libel.

Here is a good website to check out if you are still having difficulty understanding...

http://www.grammarbook.com/

While the drug use statement was a part of my response, I was moreso referencing the quoted comment regarding mowing down Mexicans that a coworker supposedly was told when he got a poster signed by Ted, and that said coworker relayed to you. So you have nothing more than a he said/he said situation that isn't backed up with anything documented. It's all good. Just wanted to be clear where your comment regarding the drugs and Mexican killing came from.

Jared

While the drug use statement was a part of my response, I was moreso referencing the quoted comment regarding mowing down Mexicans that a coworker supposedly was told when he got a poster signed by Ted, and that said coworker relayed to you. So you have nothing more than a he said/he said situation that isn't backed up with anything documented. It's all good. Just wanted to be clear where your comment regarding the drugs and Mexican killing came from.

I don't need any documentation. Nor do you have to take it as gospel. I'm simply reporting my observation. It's far from a he said she said situation. I was simply offering my observation.

Do you really think Uncle Ted isn't noticeable? Do you think Uncle Ted doesn't clear Customs at Detroit Metro like everyone else who comes back for an international flight??? Because I can tell you that he and famous people like him clear Customs too.

This seems to have to do more with people who get all upset because they idolize this idiot with a criminal record.

Sorry if you worship some trashy guy from the Midwest.

I love most how Uncle Ted had a chat with Romney... So now we can all rock-n-roll to the polls and vote for him because Uncle Ted said so. He's extremely pretentious for assuming we want to vote for Romney because Teddy said we can.

He's an embarrassment to Michigan. Gone are the days when great people were born or raised in Michigan who are or were famous. Michigan went from people like Charles Lindbergh to degenerates like Eminem and Teddy.

ManInBlack

He's an embarrassment to Michigan. Gone are the days when great people were born or raised in Michigan who are or were famous. Michigan went from people like Charles Lindbergh to degenerates like Eminem and Teddy.

Not to mention the lying, dishonorable Mitt "Flopmaster" Romney.

Medic1210

Do you really think Uncle Ted isn't noticeable? Do you think Uncle Ted doesn't clear Customs at Detroit Metro like everyone else who comes back for an international flight??? Because I can tell you that he and famous people like him clear Customs too.

Not sure where that came from, but ok. :confused: Anyway, I was always taught that a man's past does not define his future. I sure as heck ain't perfect, but I don't let my past mistakes define who I am today. I don't judge Ted for what he did many years ago, I'm more interested in his current viewpoints. You're free to disagree.

Jared

Not sure where that came from, but ok. :confused: Anyway, I was always taught that a man's past does not define his future. I sure as heck ain't perfect, but I don't let my past mistakes define who I am today. I don't judge Ted for what he did many years ago, I'm more interested in his current viewpoints. You're free to disagree.

We agree, I'm judging Teddy by what he says today. Here is the difference,

I use to go to North Carolina every year. I've carried in banks, movie theaters, restaurants and bars while I was there, because like Teddy, I have LEOSA coverage. The difference is that if you are in the same bank as me and I see you open carrying because that is the only way for you to carry into a bank, I would think...

"good for that guy for exercising his rights. It just sucks that NC forces him to open carry in a bank."

Teddy would think...

" look at that idiot for open carrying".

As far as the Customs explanation. I'm just letting you know that it's not a he said she said situation. That there are situations where people may know certain things, but at the same time there may be things like privacy laws that would prevent me from giving you documentation as you requested.

Medic1210

We agree, I'm judging Teddy by what he says today. Here is the difference,

I use to go to North Carolina every year. I've carried in banks, movie theaters, restaurants and bars while I was there, because like Teddy, I have LEOSA coverage. The difference is that if you are in the same bank as me and I see you open carrying because that is the only way for you to carry into a bank, I would think...

"good for that guy for exercising his rights. It just sucks that NC forces him to open carry in a bank."

Teddy would think...

" look at that idiot for open carrying".

As far as the Customs explanation. I'm just letting you know that it's not a he said she said situation. That there are situations where people may know certain things, but at the same time there may be things like privacy laws that would prevent me from giving you documentation as you requested.

Look, I don't agree with the OC is for weirdos comment, but again, I have several friends and folks I look up to that I don't necessarily agree with everything they say. Heck, I have a couple friends that are pro Obama, but I don't let our difference of opinion on certain things change my opinion of them as a whole person. I love to hunt, love the outdoors, and love the second amendment, so I'm kinda drawn to Ted's personality, despite his flaws, or his past, or even his occasional skewed viewpoint.

Jared

Look, I don't agree with the OC is for weirdos comment, but again, I have several friends and folks I look up to that I don't necessarily agree with everything they say. Heck, I have a couple friends that are pro Obama, but I don't let our difference of opinion on certain things change my opinion of them as a whole person. I love to hunt, love the outdoors, and love the second amendment, so I'm kinda drawn to Ted's personality, despite his flaws, or his past, or even his occasional skewed viewpoint.

I agree, Ted does alot of cool things, and does many good things.

I just dont idolize them (not implying that you do). Similar to how I like many Eminem songs, but I still think he's a degenerate scumbag.

Same for Romney, he's a good business guy and created alot of jobs. I like that about him, but I still think he's an elitist pig who would like to prohibit you from buying guns.