• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ted Nugent > " Open Carry Is For Weirdos" < quote from Uncle Ted > see video >>>>>>

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Dude must not know much about Ted Nugent...

It was sarcasm.

We just gotta work on Uncle Ted is all. Everybody's got a crazy uncle.

Remember Mas Ayoob? Mr. Concealed Carry of Lethal Force Institute? He finally came around a year or two ago. He didn't suddenly start telling everybody to OC, but one of his columns in Combat Handguns acknowledged the legitimacy of OC.

If Ayoob can see OC for what it is, I'm thinking Nugent can, too.

rushcreek2

We allow the anti-2A true-believers to get away with citing the statistical examples of carnage produced by violent criminals, while we barely utter a breath to make the case that this very record of carnage is the natural consequence of the very disarmament policies enacted into laws throughout our United States - laws that either prohibit carry altogether, or suppress the right to open carry.

I must come out of my comfortable little corner of my world, and register my grievances regarding the transgressions upon my right that have received only token redress by the SCOTUS, and little to none by other courts.

Think about it. It only took the SCOTUS 142 years to finally go on record in the McDonald v Chicago decision acknowledging that the 2A is actually applicable to state & local governments - despite the fact that it was the very intent of the 14A to incorporate that fact into federal law 142 years ago. Thank you so much SCOTUS. Now we must wait another 20 years for the crusted layers of infringements to be grudgingly peeled back.

Ted Nugent's somewhat audacious commentary although entertaining should not occupy center stage in the RTKBA discussion. The only thing that may appear a bit "weird" about open carry - is the rarity of reports of any person engaged in the practice actually finding it necessary to remove their weapon from its holster and bring it to bear in defense of person, or property due to the crime deterrent effect of their open carry condition.

FallonJeeper

Ted Nugent's somewhat audacious commentary although entertaining should not occupy center stage in the RTKBA discussion. The only thing that may appear a bit "weird" about open carry - is the rarity of reports of any person engaged in the practice actually finding it necessary to remove their weapon from its holster and bring it to bear in defense of person, or property due to the crime deterrent effect of their open carry condition.

Well said!

SteveInAshand

Well, I found that gem of crazy uncle Ted's and then sat back a week to see what You guys think.

Here is my tarnished pennies worth.

Ted is now day's a truly decent man, but as a young man at the top of the rock world he was a sick puppy, he had a sex addiction often with under age women ( girls ) groupies who would flock to his entourage.

He got arrested for border line pedophilia yada yada yada ( look it up ) and so he was a punk, all be it a sober anti dope punk, but seriously back then he should have been gunned down in the parking lot of a rock concert by one of the fathers of the girls with a gun he now advocates as sacred > Daughters are more 'sacred' than Glocks !

My 2nd Amendment is for >>>>>>>> sex offenders <<<<<,> as well as hoodie punks on crack.

He doges the draft, avoids service, ( Jimmy Hendricks did not he was an 82 Air born jumper , a MUCH better guitarist and MUCH better lyricist musician )

Years & years go by, he looses his women in a car crash, he goes thru some soul searching because he really is deep inside he really is a decent guy, he just got caught up on his own cult of personality.

Ted finds himself looking into the mirror at a shallow empty meaningless hypocrite who serves no real purpose than to be good guitar player player as an extraordinary very animated one man circus act entertainer clown and he admits it to himself ( and God ) and has an awakening ( Christians call it a repentance - conversion ) he straitens up and fly's right and starts to use some of the personality gifts, quirks and endless stream of consciousness to
do something about the country he has lived off , fiddling his guitar and play with girls all the while the USA burns like Rome.

I don't think Ted can live with the punk he use to be, he is a very emotional person, and he can be made to explode in rage over illogical, and yet cry in sympathy for a wounded vet, and that is our funky uncle T

So now we have the older Uncle Ted, smart, ultra articulate, still rebellious & semi psychotically zealous, now with kids and now he sees the young rockers and his kids from a dad's perspective and starts to 'get it', he is now more refined but still kind of 'strange' yet harmless to anyone who sees that he is an old dude who wants to be real and be a real asset to the country that gave him the opportunities he took advantage of to the 10th power, and pay back the vets who literally sheltered him from harm with their bodies by the thousands in foreign countries so he could have play around and have the good life.

I dig the zany harmless Ted, I dig the debate speech Ted, but the emotional ego-testicle Ted is still a bit childish and unwise and so he shoots his foot like that DEA agent showing the school kids his Glock on YouTube.

So now days I think he is basically good and has a love of country and a want's to 'make it up' to the soldiers in his own way.

I tend to be positively polarized and root for there good in people over the dark side or parts of their character that is truly or was truly flawed.

I would bet that Ted in person without the silly cameras that he has trained on himself all the time, just alone one on one is a very mild & meek average good guy.

As for the "kooks" quote by Ted that I started this post off with , well, I disagree cause he is calling ME a kook and yet he does have a certain point and I'll tell you why he has a point > I have met 3 other open carriers and 2 out of 3 were KOOKS !!!

Seriously , one is a boneheaded very immature camera ***** who walks down the street with an AK47 and wants to be stopped so he can proclaim 2A Rights, and he acts like he has borderline personality disorder ( Kook ), thee other is a total anti social mean angry punk with an extreme inferiority complex ( Kook ).

The only level headed open carry guy in my part of Oregon that I have met that is 'normal" is WeThePeople ( his ID on this site ) who is my Marine / Law student buddy.

So in my experience I am batting 50/50 if I throw myself into the normal side, but then again if any of You have read my posts , hell I am considered a Kook by many of you guys , lol.

Admittedly my alien from outer space from the planet ding dong writing style is NOT the norm, but if You meet me in person , you would see that I am squared away , mild mannered and level headed. I think Ted is too , we just need to get him one on one and show him not all of us ( I mean you guys lol ) are not Kooks.

Finally , about Ted> If Obama can drive you insane then you must be sane !

Peace

You gotta be sane if Obamma drive you insane.

Last edited:

rotorhead

Jimi Hendrix was in the 101st ABN, not the 82nd.

But, great read, overall. While Ted Nugent is certainly a prime mover, he's not always 100% correct nor will he even say things that people will agree with every time he speaks.

JoeSparky

Centurion
No ONE of us is a perfect supporter of all our rights or a perfect person. MY goal is to stand and support ANYONE when they are right, correct, and/or IN THE RIGHT AS LONG AS THEY ARE RIGHT. I don't care who they are. I will stand with ANYONE when they are right. If they are wrong or immoral... they can stand on their own IN THOSE AREAS.

OC for ME

OCing does not disqualify you from being a weirdo.

Ted is a poor spokesman for the 2A? Maybe so, maybe not, it depends on the listener.

If you desire a different spokesman for the 2A then get yourself on TV/radio and take his place as a spokesman for the 2A.

Medic1210

i have often felt like i am a weirdo.

am i, just because i Open Carry?

Well considering that many folks who walk to the beat of their own drum, or don't follow societal 'norms' are often considered to be weirdos to some extent, there may be some modicum of truth to Ted's statement... And as often is the case with weirdos, they generally don't see it about themselves. Maybe we're all weirdos in some form or
fashion. I do know that in my just over two month stent of daily OC, I've yet to see anybody else around here doing it, so I imagine I'm viewed as a weirdo by some. I did see one guy OC in Walmart last Christmas season, and to be honest, I didn't feel he was a very good spokesperson for the 'cause' if you will. Very rough looking fella, with a big, bulky nylon holster flopping around on his hip. Looked like a weirdo to me... :p

Last edited:

Sig229

If you desire a different spokesman for the 2A then get yourself on TV/radio and take his place as a spokesman for the 2A.

Okay, are you going to be my agent?

Hell, Id even venture to say that Wayne Lapeire is a horrible spokesmen for the 2A. And Im a NRA member.
He's gotten a little better in recent years though.

Last edited:

Jack House

Dude must not know much about Ted Nugent...
All I know about Ted Nugent is that he said something about being dead or put in jail if Obama is reelected and that he supports the RKBA. Also that he made some silly comment about OC.

My comment, as the other two rightly pointed out, was still largely sarcastic.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

OC for ME

Okay, are you going to be my agent?

Hell, Id even venture to say that Wayne Lapeire is a horrible spokesmen for the 2A. And Im a NRA member.
He's gotten a little better in recent years though.
No. This is America, do it on your own....or, if you can't do it on your own then seek help from the government, I'm sure they will 'assist' you.

Medic1210

All I know about Ted Nugent is that he said something about being dead or put in jail if Obama is reelected and that he supports the RKBA. Also that he made some silly comment about OC.

Then in that case, I guess my comment was on spot, even if you were being sarcastic in general. Reason being, Ted Nugent is a huge hunter and outdoorsman, even having his own hunting show on TV. So that should help you understand where my comment came from... In all actuality, if you really only know him from that comment he made, you should check him out a bit more. Despite what his haters say on here, he is really a very interesting guy, even despite his somewhat questionable past or crazy comments he's made recently. He really is more than just a comment about Obama or saying open carry is for weirdos.

Last edited: