• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ted Nugent > " Open Carry Is For Weirdos" < quote from Uncle Ted > see video >>>>>>

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I like Ted, and what he stands for. That being said, I'm a bit surprised by his stance on lawful open carry. I would have thought he was cool with anything second amendment related. Oh well... I'm not gonna trash the guy because of one skewed opinion.
Just FYI, he's been against OC for several years. I used to be on a forum on his website, I left after comments made about OCers there.

Jared

Just FYI, he's been against OC for several years. I used to be on a forum on his website, I left after comments made about OCers there.

Well, of course. Just go to the bank, take out 6 figures and donate tons of money to a sheriff's re-election (not possible in Hawaii or Rhode Island) campaign and become a reserve deputy, you will have LEOSA coverage and if you do so in Michigan, you can be exempt from concealed pistol zones (superior to LEOSA regarding concealed handguns) like Rick Jones and Uncle Ted.

It's that simple, don't open carry and look like a fool, just start the process of donating 50k or 100k to a election campaign.... It's not that hard.

Sarcasm off.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
I heard him on Armed American Radio and he was claiming that it's suicide to open carry. He was just going off about open carry. Since then I have about as much use for him as the nra. It's their way or noway.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I heard him on Armed American Radio and he was claiming that it's suicide to open carry. He was just going off about open carry. Since then I have about as much use for him as the nra. It's their way or noway.
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and without any statistics to back up that opinion, that's all it is, opinion. I think I mentioned that on his forum once, not too many people there liked it. But, of course they couldn't present any statistics to back up their opinion. I quit hanging there, that was 2-3 years ago.....I think.

ManInBlack

Since the military no longer serves the Constitution, and has not for a very long time, avoiding military employment is no vice.

Besides, the draft is slavery, pure and simple.

FallonJeeper

I joined the Navy when Gerald Ford was President and retired when Bill Clinton was President. I swore to: “support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice."

My wife is still serving, in the Navy, until she retires next year. It's not the same Navy/military. There is a lot of "feeling of entitlement". They take the same oath, but maybe it's just words to them.

I won't say any more than that.

Last edited:

bc.cruiser

snip.
"good for that guy for exercising his rights. It just sucks that NC forces him to open carry in a bank."

FYI for your next trip to NC. Unless posted otherwise, both OC and CC are allowed in banks (and all financial institutions) as of 1 Dec 2011:cool:.

Jared

And another one that did everything he could to avoid military service.

I've been curious to know about the "service" aspect. I've always heard the arguement about the oath to the constitution against enemies foreign and domestic. I've always wondered how the domestic part worked.

The military members and police who confiscated guns from people who wanted to protect their homes during Hurricane Katrina violated that oath and had no problem doing so.

History has shown that the majority of people would follow orders no matter what. I don't see how that's service or protection since there is no example of going after domestic enemies.

The institution of government simply isn't set up that way. Most people in "service" will not ever dear uphold the domestic enemy portion of their oath, since that is the same entity that pays their salary, pays their pension, can decide to execute them, or put them in a cage for life.

I don't fault any of them individually for that, but it seems more and more that a lot of people, myself included, have this warm and fuzzy feeling about the constitution and the military in theory, but at the end of the day, most people would follow orders no matter what, even if it meant bulldozing your home on a moments notice.

For example, it's "illegal" to carry a gun in Illinois. You would be arrested, but in theory, that shouldnt happen. In theory, another cop or member of the Millitary should come to your rescue and arrest that cop for violating the constitution.

We all know that would never happen. It's a fantasy that many people tell themselves to make them feel better.

I would never knock Hendrix for not wanting to go into the army to fight some war that had nothing to do with the security of America.

Also, to add insult to injury, Hendrix would have been subject to Jim
Crow laws and civil rights abuse in the south from the same group of people who took an oath to uphold his constitutional rights.

Last edited:

Marco

until the NRA finds a way to make money off of open carry it won't support it!

Ted is the NRA's socket puppet, until the NRA finds a way to make money off of open carry ( the sweat/blood of others) it's spokes person/s will not support opencarry especially at an NRA event.

Just another reason not to give the NRA money

Ted isn't even in the same league as Jimi......

Bowesmobile

I rank Ted Nugents opinion about as high as a actors opinion on politics. He didn't make his name doing gun anything. Actors didn't make their name by being in politics. Why would I listen to him and let him form my gun opinions. Sad thing is because of his money and donations it gives him clout with higher ups. I make my opinions from what I know is true. Not from actors or what people like Nugent think.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
What I posted on his facebook:

I used to respect TN, but when he said people who open carry are stupid, that went out the window. I thought he supported the 2nd A, not how or what you carry. So: F*** him! (and anybody who is pissed at me for saying this) I don't bash people who CC, I just say carry the way you want as long as it's legal. Rant complete.

Medic1210

But, of course they couldn't present any statistics to back up their opinion.

As a reference, that comment was in regards to Ted's apparent comment that open carry was suicide. As much as I hate to post this, because I've always said the same thing as you... that reality doesn't back that claim, unfortunately there is at least one documented case of an open carrier having his gun taken from his holster and used against him. And pretty recently at that...

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...e-suspects-had-felony-convictions-ar-1510369/

Tyler, a customer at the BP station, was killed about 8:15 p.m. Friday, Nov. 25, inside the store. According to court papers, Smith and Hamiel arrived at the BP together on a single scooter and followed Tyler into the store.

Tyler, 48, had a concealed-carry permit, but his handgun was plainly visible that night in his holster, Johnson said.

"The suspects walk in and one immediately reached for Mr. Tyler's gun," Johnson said. Tyler did not draw his weapon.

ManInBlack

As a reference, that comment was in regards to Ted's apparent comment that open carry was suicide. As much as I hate to post this, because I've always said the same thing as you... that reality doesn't back that claim, unfortunately there is at least one documented case of an open carrier having his gun taken from his holster and used against him. And pretty recently at that...

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...e-suspects-had-felony-convictions-ar-1510369/

I wonder how many concealed carriers, let alone police officers, have been killed due to an utter lack of situational awareness.

Medic1210

I wonder how many concealed carriers, let alone police officers, have been killed due to an utter lack of situational awareness.

Don't know, but that's not really the point. Concealed carriers are not going to have someone walk up behind them and grab their gun as happened in that article, because the gun will be hidden. Folks can preach situational awareness all they want, but you can only see 180 degrees at one time. All it takes is a split second for someone to approach you from the rear without you knowing it. Of course, all the taktikal guru keyboard ninjas will all claim something like this could never happen to them, because they have magical eyes in the back of their heads. Fact is, when you're entering a pin number into a POS device at the counter, or signing a check, or signing a receipt, you have no way of knowing what's behind you. Someone intent on grabbing that nice, shiny Kimber or slick Glock on your hip would likely wait until your attention is focused on a particular task.

And for the record, I am not against open carry. I prefer it to concealed just like many if not most folks here. I just decided to actually google this to see if our claims of "nobody has ever had their open carry gun yanked" is actually true, and it is not. It has happened. I'm sure it's rare, but it's probably pretty safe to say that had that fella had his holstered firearm properly concealed and not plainly visible, this whole story wouldn't have occured.

Last edited:

ManInBlack

Don't know, but that's not really the point. Concealed carriers are not going to have someone walk up behind them and grab their gun as happened in that article, because the gun will be hidden.

Until it prints, shirt rides up, etc.

Folks can preach situational awareness all they want, but you can only see 180 degrees at one time. All it takes is a split second for someone to approach you from the rear without you knowing it. Of course, all the taktikal guru keyboard ninjas will all claim something like this could never happen to them, because they have magical eyes in the back of their heads. Fact is, when you're entering a pin number into a POS device at the counter, or signing a check, or signing a receipt, you have no way of knowing what's behind you. Someone intent on grabbing that nice, shiny Kimber or slick Glock on your hip would likely wait until your attention is focused on a particular task.

I use a retention holster, and I am very aware of my surroundings at all times. It someone ever did try to grab my weapon, all I can say is that he would have the fight of his life on his hands (and very possibly the last fight of his life).

Medic1210

Until it prints, shirt rides up, etc.

Ok, I've posted a documented example of an open carrier having his weapon yanked and used against him. Please post your example of a concealed carrier having their weapon yanked because it printed or became visible when the shirt rode up. Just realize that if you do, you're kinda helping the argument of a visible weapon being more likely to be grabbed and used against you...

I use a retention holster, and I am very aware of my surroundings at all times. It someone ever did try to grab my weapon, all I can say is that he would have the fight of his life on his hands (and very possibly the last fight of his life).

Fully expected you not to agree with me. Tell me, how do you stay fully aware of your six at all times when you're signing your name on a credit card slip, or reading something? You got some of them fancy glasses with the mirrors in the sides? Or do you stop mid signature, and turn around to make sure nobody's behind you? How about when you're in line to pay for something? How do you know the person waiting in line behind you isn't just waiting for the right moment to act?

ManInBlack

Ok, I've posted a documented example of an open carrier having his weapon yanked and used against him. Please post your example of a concealed carrier having their weapon yanked because it printed or became visible when the shirt rode up. Just realize that if you do, you're kinda helping the argument of a visible weapon being more likely to be grabbed and used against you...

You posted something that happened once. ONE TIME. Hell, a criminal incident has to happen at least ten times in a year to appear in federal government crime statistics.

Fully expected you not to agree with me. Tell me, how do you stay fully aware of your six at all times when you're signing your name on a credit card slip, or reading something? You got some of them fancy glasses with the mirrors in the sides? Or do you stop mid signature, and turn around to make sure nobody's behind you? How about when you're in line to pay for something? How do you know the person waiting in line behind you isn't just waiting for the right moment to act?

When I am paying, or signing my name, or whatever, the people behind me in line are on my weak side. Durr....

But seriously, I constantly look behind me. I keep my ears open (I never have ear buds/headphones on for any reason). I practice noticing things out of peripheral vision. I use glass to check reflections of what is going on behind me. I do everything humanly possible to keep my awareness. Sure, someday, if the stars and planets are perfectly aligned, and the crook rubbed his lucky rabbit's foot that morning, I may have him grab my weapon. However, thanks to my holster, merely grabbing it is not the same as pulling it and using it against me. Like I said, he'd have a hell of a fight on his hands.

On another note, I smell troll flesh...roasting.

Medic1210

On another note, I smell troll flesh...roasting.

So basically what you're saying is, anybody that has anything to say that's not 100% with the grain here gets the troll card pulled on them? Really? How about you do a little search of my post history on this site before you start calling me a troll. :rolleyes: I open carry on a daily basis, including inside my home at all times. I have done so for over 2 months now. Fact is, I'm just not so arrogant to think my way is the only way, or say that I'm perfectly aware of my surroundings 100% of the time. I'm also not afraid to admit when something doesn't agree with a belief I have, such as an open carrier's weapon being pulled and used on him. Like many here, I've always said there were no documented cases showing an open carrier having his weapon pulled. I figured since I make that claim myself, I'd actually do a little research to see if it has ever happened. Turns out it has. And I only posted one example because that was the first thing that popped up. I honestly didn't look much harder than that. I just wanted to see if there was ever a case of it happening.

Edited to add: Here's another example for you... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx_YUO4SzcY&feature=related

Last edited: