• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tasers

Bailenforcer

The very reason I started to lobby the state reps back in 2009 was because some people have a philosophical, or moral problem with shooting someone as to them it makes their first choice a deadly one. I do not share this mindset nor do I condemn it. My first priority was the safety of all law abiding citizens and from day one it was an uphill battle with many no's on the bill proposal. Finally after months of wasting my time I called them all back one by one and stated the media and I will see it this way "you Mr rep will and do support the defense of oneself by shooting someone with a potentially lethal weapon, and are going on the record saying you would rather this happen than allow someone to a less than lethal choice for self defense" That was the tie breaker so to speak. I got several letters with some in full support and others in a half hearted support but all in all I was able to get the attention of enough to allow this to happen. It took many telephoen calls and letters but we now have a Taser bill. There will be training afforded in the Taser DVD plus for those who are willing to carry the Taser there is an optional training online available through a college in Wisconsin. If someone wants to be certified to train people in the Civilian Taser the course if $99.00 with if I remember right a $200.00 credit in parts and accessories if you sell and train people. The training required is short ( around 15 to 20 minutes) this does not include the CPL license training.

It seems some have an issue with thsoe who would choose a Taser, I do not, this is supposed to be a free country and people who are adults get the right to make decisions for themselves right or wrong. The Taser is not a fix all answer and neither is a hand gun, but it is far better than going unarmed. iwill still recommend a hand gun and training above and beyond the CPL class for someone who feels uneasy about a handgun, but for those who have moral reasons I am more than happy to help them get a Taser. Below is a link to some Taser Dealers already waiting for the bill to be passed/signed.

If need be I can get anyone who needs the college course information, I have it on my desk and not here at the moment.

Michigan Taser is the Michigan Authorized Taser International wholesale dealer to dealer sales outlet. Talk to Ron Denny he is a good and knowledgeable source for new dealers. 877.778.2737 this is for dealers ONLY. The link below is for anyone who wants retail information, and for what stores near you that may have Tasers when the bill is signed.
http://www.michigantaser.com/

http://www.michigantaser.com/files/Michigan Dealers.pdf <----retail dealers

You know not everyone is able to carry a gun due to whatever is their hang up but any weapon is better than none at all especially if it is an older woman . If you take the fight to them most likely they will get out of the threat area because they are cowards , If the taser saves one female or elderly person it is good in my book .

Bailenforcer

well said!
it is about personal choice an those who nay say are only making things more difficult. Some people have moral reasons that I do not fully understand, but it is their reason and I have mine that allows me to carry a gun. But it is far better to have something than nothing when that time comes to defend yourself and the Taser is yet another weapon for ones defense.

I'm happy to see this pass. My mom is hesistant to get her CPL because she really doesn't want to carry a gun (I don't know why exactly), but says she'd love to be able to carry a taser. Sure a gun is better but why not give people the option. If you don't want to carry a taser DON'T! To me it may be worth it to carry a gun and a taser.

Bailenforcer

Neither am I interested in a Taser, I like my Glock 21's just fine. More options are better than few.

I am not interested in carrying one, but i hope it passes so people have the choice. Some people can not come to grips with the possibility of killing another person, even if it is self defense, this would at least give them another option for SD. My state rep sponsored a bill for this several years ago and it never went anywhere, happy it is now. Now they just need to come down in price, those damn things are expensive

NHCGRPR45

This is really a win win for your Mother as the CPL with additional "training" are required. At a later time, she may choose to carry a pistol and she will already have the CPL to do so along with being able to purchase a pistol without the LTP (28.422) requirement.

Not everyone is willing or able to kill or maim or seriously wound a person, even to save their life. Tasers bridge that personal choice gap, and give that person a viable option for self defense. However the realities, limitations of tasers must be known as well. Not everyone will be affected by it, weather can be a factor if it gets drowned it might fail when a firearm wouldn't. You get one shot before having to reload the cartridge and at the distance its effective this is unlikely inside 15 20 feet.

I believe this is a a good thing so long as people don't expect more out of it than it effectively can deliver. Training will help, then of course practice with it, same as any self defense tool.

X26 Tasers are out there for purchase if you look and that would be my choice, if the law mandates the C2 then the advantage to civilians declines quite a bit.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
The very reason I started to lobby the state reps back in 2009 was because some people have a philosophical, or moral problem with shooting someone as to them it makes their first choice a deadly one. I do not share this mindset nor do I condemn it. My first priority was the safety of all law abiding citizens and from day one it was an uphill battle with many no's on the bill proposal. Finally after months of wasting my time I called them all back one by one and stated the media and I will see it this way "you Mr rep will and do support the defense of oneself by shooting someone with a potentially lethal weapon, and are going on the record saying you would rather this happen than allow someone to a less than lethal choice for self defense" That was the tie breaker so to speak. I got several letters with some in full support and others in a half hearted support but all in all I was able to get the attention of enough to allow this to happen. It took many telephoen calls and letters but we now have a Taser bill. There will be training afforded in the Taser DVD plus for those who are willing to carry the Taser there is an optional training online available through a college in Wisconsin. If someone wants to be certified to train people in the Civilian Taser the course if $99.00 with if I remember right a $200.00 credit in parts and accessories if you sell and train people. The training required is short ( around 15 to 20 minutes) this does not include the CPL license training.

It seems some have an issue with thsoe who would choose a Taser, I do not, this is supposed to be a free country and people who are adults get the right to make decisions for themselves right or wrong. The Taser is not a fix all answer and neither is a hand gun, but it is far better than going unarmed. iwill still recommend a hand gun and training above and beyond the CPL class for someone who feels uneasy about a handgun, but for those who have moral reasons I am more than happy to help them get a Taser. Below is a link to some Taser Dealers already waiting for the bill to be passed/signed.

If need be I can get anyone who needs the college course information, I have it on my desk and not here at the moment.

Michigan Taser is the Michigan Authorized Taser International wholesale dealer to dealer sales outlet. Talk to Ron Denny he is a good and knowledgeable source for new dealers. 877.778.2737 this is for dealers ONLY. The link below is for anyone who wants retail information, and for what stores near you that may have Tasers when the bill is signed.
http://www.michigantaser.com/

http://www.michigantaser.com/files/Michigan Dealers.pdf <----retail dealers

Well done on on all your efforts. It's a nice option for people.

TheQ

MOC supported this legislation package. Don't like Tasers? Fine, don't get one. But you have no right to prevent (by state sponsored force) someone else getting one.

Q has spoken.

Super Trucker

Too bad they limited what device you can use.

It is sort of like issuing a CPL but you are only allowed to carry a single shot .22 derringer type gun.

TheQ

...or you can just say "f*ck the law" and get the taser illegally. I'm sure getting a felony will "help the cause"...you know how to help the cause by committing crimes, don't you?

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Too bad they limited what device you can use.

It is sort of like issuing a CPL but you are only allowed to carry a single shot .22 derringer type gun.

Not only that, but you can't possess a taser at all in a "no cc zone". Strange that I can OC a pistol but not a taser in one of these areas.

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Not only that, but you can't possess a taser at all in a "no cc zone". Strange that I can OC a pistol but not a taser in one of these areas.
Is it true what the news said tonight that if you do carry in a TFZ its a 2 year misdemeanor??? WTF it's only a civil infraction for a gun.

davidmcbeth

Banned
My issue it's it seems to limit us to the rather retarded "C2" tazer. The C2 is designed to be politically correct, shorter range by 20 feet (15 foot as opposed to 35 foot range, putting it well within the 21 foot danger zone, tazer does not even sell 15 foot cartriges for the other models except as trainers), and standard cartriges will not fit, not "pistol shaped" more Star Trek The next Generation "Phaser Shaped", in other words completely impractical, and lousy ergonomics, the whole thing is designed to make liberals feel all warm, and fuzzy (and fails). Really it was designed by the elitist douches that run tazer to be a neutered "good enough" for us mere peons design as that's all they feel we need (sort of reminds me of the anti civilian policies of HK, and Colt) (they also do things like serialization, manditory registration, and background checks even though they don't have to), and that's the one the legislature picked. I doubt I would carry a tazer as it's just extra bulk, and of limited use, and could be an issue if I ever had to use the gun because it would allow someone to say "you had a tazer, why did you have to shoot him?" as they Monday morning quarterback my having to shoot, but if I did carry a tazer I would want a non neutered one like an X26.

If the changes the house made were mandating the stupid C2 I want the Senate to shoot it down. allow us tazers, or not, but don't stick us with having to use the neutered C2s.

If Tazer would sell the good stuff to us peons is another story, but I have seen their products at other vendors, and I have no issue violating tazers anti civilian policy, but don't make their policy law.

have you shot one?

stainless1911

Banned
If you mean by my own acceptance of a CPL, I did have a problem with it, in fact, I felt like I was part of the problem. I also knew I would be counted among active gun owners, and gain some credibility when speaking with others about changing laws like this.