"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

When did WI start issuing permits?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Ok, fess up. Who has # 100,000?

McX
    hoppin Mcburgers! do i get a happy meal with it, or just a happy feeling?

As I've pointed out in other threads, we've now got about 2.5% of the 21+ population of WI able to be discreetly armed.
    That's a higher % than any of the states around us, & they've had their licensing schemes for a much longer time.
    I'm going to guess that by 01NOV12 we'll have at least 150,000 issued.
    DOJ says they're down to "hundreds" of applications a day instead of "thousands".

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    When did WI start issuing permits?
    Same day they started issuing licenses. They are synonyms.

I love being nitpicky as much as the next guy but arguing about this is tiresome.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

100% of the law abiding population is licensed by the State constitution to open carry. I'm a bit bothered by the submissive tone of this and other gun forums I visit. Seems now that concealed carry is a reality too many people are satisfied that our pwesonal protection goal has been reached. Constitutional carry seems to have died on the vine. Even those on this forum that have earlier opined that only true constitutional carry is acceptable have become suspiciously quiet. We are agonizingly close to having constitutional carry. As I have commented before, except from needing a license to carry concealed in public we have constitutional carry, both open and concealed, in all other locations. i.e. home, property, business and vehicle. Seems gun rights advocates have become complacent and don't have the intestinal fortitude to push for that final step.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    100% of the law abiding population is licensed by the State constitution to open carry. I'm a bit bothered by the submissive tone of this and other gun forums I visit. Seems now that concealed carry is a reality too many people are satisfied that our pwesonal protection goal has been reached. Constitutional carry seems to have died on the vine. Even those on this forum that have earlier opined that only true constitutional carry is acceptable have become suspiciously quiet. We are agonizingly close to having constitutional carry. As I have commented before, except from needing a license to carry concealed in public we have constitutional carry, both open and concealed, in all other locations. i.e. home, property, business and vehicle. Seems gun rights advocates have become complacent and don't have the intestinal fortitude to push for that final step.
    You keep bringing this up and I will reiterate what I have said before. I am still pushing for Constitutional Carry while celebrating that we can carry with less restrictions.

Getting 100K more people to consider carrying, in my opinion, helps us with the push to Constitutional Carry.

There is nothing more that can be done officially while the legislature is in recess but I can assure you that I talk to ALL of my elected officials on a regular basis and keep the bug in their ear about further expanding the states recognition of our rights.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    As I've pointed out in other threads, we've now got about 2.5% of the 21+ population of WI able to be discreetly armed.
    That's a higher % than any of the states around us, & they've had their licensing schemes for a much longer time.
    I'm going to guess that by 01NOV12 we'll have at least 150,000 issued.
    DOJ says they're down to "hundreds" of applications a day instead of "thousands".
    Only a few hundred thousand to go to get a reasonable level that will insure the permit system stays in place no matter who is elected.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Only a few hundred thousand to go to get a reasonable level that will insure the permit system stays in place no matter who is elected.
    The way WI is moving, I think 5-10 years, we'll be caught up with a few other states that already went to what we should have had in the beginning.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)