Thread: The torch, flashlight anyone know much on these?

The torch, flashlight anyone know much on these?

Hi, I was looking at a flashlight, they say its the brightest in the world, http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/The_Torch-74-41.html

This thing can burn paper at close range, I seen videos on it. It runs $180.

Has anyone owned one or know someone with one, how are they? I thought about getting one for camping.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Go read www.flashlight-forums.com - they will introduce you to flashlights that incinerate plastic bags (burning paper is child's play).

Be prepared to watch your discretionary budget dimimish.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

How many seconds/minutes does it take to run the battery dead?

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    How many seconds/minutes does it take to run the battery dead?
    Technical specs on the website say the battery life is a whopping five minutes at 4100 lumens. I'd rather have a 160 lumens light that lasts for hours.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Technical specs on the website say the battery life is a whopping five minutes at 4100 lumens. I'd rather have a 160 lumens light that lasts for hours.
    five minutes? LOL!!! nvm then,

Thanks for the link Skid, thats really going help me pick something good.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Lol you could use if for camping. Did you watch the video they had. You could make breakfast in the morning. What sence is this flashlight 4100 lumens!!!!!!!!. What a joke

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    five minutes? LOL!!! nvm then,

Thanks for the link Skid, thats really going help me pick something good.
    I picked up a streamlight protac 2L for about $60. Love that light the sheath had me nervous but has exceed my expectaions have had it for about a year and haven't replaced the batteries yet. Features a full power/strobe/10% power. I do forget the lumen rating but I do believe its at or above 160

Anything and everything you need to know will be found by searching www.candlepowerforums.com. Trust me on this, that is the sight to take flashlight questions to.

It is very unlikely you'll ever even have to post. Most topics have been covered there repeatedly.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

As said above CPF is a good place to start, also for beam shots try this site http://fonarik.com/test/indexen.php?...scene=1&mode=3 .

As far as lumens go, you really don't need more than 800 lumens to blow any store bought light away. I just bought two new lights, a Fenix TK41 with 800 lumens as a thrower, and a NiteCore Tiny Monster TM11 with 2,000 lumens as a flood light. I got the TK41 to replace my 4D maglite with a 3W l.e.d, even at 108 lumens I like it better than the maglite and at 335 lumens I am more then satisfied with it's light output, at 800 lumens it's almost too bright for me.

For me I see the max brightness settings as more of a toy unless you're trying to light a wide open area, try to use it in a small area on the max brightness and you just end up blinding yourself because it's so bright. I will admit they are fun to play with at max brightness.

Yeah, don't get one for camping. I've used one, and they're fun to play with, but have no practical value. Unless, of course, you had to start a fire or cook an egg, but then you can just carry a $.50 lighter.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.
    XD40 Service
    -Hogue Handall grip sleeve
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -16" stainless bull-barrel
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Millet SP2 red-dot scope
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    KelTec P11
    -Bone stock; Not much you can do to these little guys.
    No one can make a pencil...